Google Glass Resurfaces As Industrial-Grade 'Glass Enterprise Edition'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps if Glass was a little cheaper and/or offered more to a regular consumer (non-enterprise) it would have seen greater acceptance.

Placing enterprise on the same field as consumers, the security and piracy concerns are still the same. There is no real change there. Hardware improvements should always happen. So the only noteworthy change is the focus or target for its use.

bloodroses

Distinguished

The problem with the regular consumer market though is the issues they talked about above; lack of privacy and 'glassholes' believing they should be able to do what they want. The original google glass gave no indication to people around them when the camera was used for pictures or video. This allowed personal information (credit card numbers, cam-ripping movies, etc) to be easily gotten.

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2014/01/20/amc-movie-theater-calls-fbi-to-arrest-a-google-glass-user/

Also, it gave users even more of an excuse to not pay attention while driving:

https://www.wired.com/2013/10/google-glass-ticket/

If you look into other articles about this, she claimed she was using google glass to pay attention to her speed; but was actually doing 15mph over while face booking; which was later stated after the court hearing. The ticket was dismissed only because they couldn't prove without a doubt that the device was on.

In industrial level usage, these issues can be controlled.

Blatantruth

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2013
It would be perfect for people in space. They could have a team of people here on the ground monitoring their view and highlighting important next steps or putting messages up on the screen for the worker. Having two or more pairs of eyes on a task can help make thing go quicker and with less errors.

waynes

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
When I wantef to do an glasses product, these are the sorts of targets I was looking at. But, as an potential enterprise customer, I am completely unhappy with any thing that monitors transmitting the data outside the company borders. In other words, many Google products. I'm very apposed. I am also very interested in worker and customer privacy, such is ethical investment. If people in businesdedike this want to claim they are helping the world ethically, let the stop the monitoring. There is a minimum of monitoring needed and a maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS