Google Glass: Ride Along With Chris as He Goes for Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
The problem with all these early reviews and all the hype Google is making is that it won't be for a few generations that these products really come into their own.
What these products need to do is seemlessly present you with useful information, based on your surroundings. A big part of that is overlay of images onto the scene, which Glass can't do. Other things it needs are a stereo camera and a microphone array.

dns7950

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
One thing I would like to see (or hear, rather) is how well the microphone holds up at higher dB levels.. Try going to a concert wearing glass!

weatherdude

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Sweet, I now know what it's like to go to Taco Bell in a Mercedes-Benz in California(?). Got some nice weather there but it's quite a drive. How about some footage at the office or testing center? That might be interesting.
And, Hi Lucas :)

elgranchuchu

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
now that's a beautiful house and city. that over there is the american dream. NOW I REALIZE THAT I LIVE IN A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY FARM. I would love to live like that.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hi Chris,
may I suggest using a low-pass filter during fast forwards?
Those high frequencies are nasty ^_^
Voice recording seems to be unbelievably high quality in google glass though!

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
I think this kind of stuff is for personal consumption, awesome weather though. I would rather Chris, cover some events using the glass. interestingly, the video looks more stable than I expected.

theronwaterhill

Honorable
May 11, 2013
Neat - but too easy for the creepers. On youtube someone has already figured out your address from this. I'd actually done that myself for fun before I'd even bothered to look at the youtube comments...
On that creeper note - to get to your place from Taco Bell it would be faster to go all the way up Buena Vista to Ming ave then make a left onto Walton Hill... it's about a 1/2 mile shorter. Handy thing that google maps :) Srsly - maybe take this video down.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Just to put it out there...
This guy apparently lives in a nice sub-urb... gated community.... beautiful setting ... nice car... and he chooses Taco Bell? No insult intended, just drawing the distinction between the scenery, the car, and destination choice for lunch.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
If the Augmented reality is as people are speculating it might be nice to see a demonstration of biking or walking in a downtown or market setting seeing what info can be pulled about shops or buisnesses along the way, mayeb similar premise of going to get lunch but with no predetermined destination finding a new place you have either never been or as a person who has no idea abotu the area and just looking around for some lunch unsure where they should go and following google glass recomendations through yelp or any other rebiew type program to see where to get a bite

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Maybe use Google Glass to find a better place for lunch than taco bell? Ugh. I spent the first 2 minutes thinking "ok nice house, nice car, nice neighborhood" and then 6 minutes thinking "barf he eats taco bell i knew this guy was too good to be true".

ntrceptr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
What a waste of 8 minutes of my life a video that's no different than any other. Was the popup dog part of glass, if it was having sh*t popup like that everywhere would get annoying or need alot of customization. Well since it was HD i'm gona see if i can make out both sides of his Wells Fargo credit card that he kindly flashed to the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.