Google: "Guest Mode" for Android, More Nexus Devices Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Shawaluk

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Actually, it makes total sense to me. I may not let "everyone" use my tablet, but on occasion someone I know may want to look something up. I don't want people to have access to my saved passwords, bookmarks, etc.

Sean Slattery

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

Apparently you've never been around a family of multiples. Thankfully I don't have any kids yet but I know this would be a godsend for some parents. I remember Google talking about this at least a year ago...Lets go already.

QuakeBert

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Sounds like 'Kids Corner' on my Lumia 920. I can assign games and apps that can be used so that my child can use the phone but not get into my email or other apps that I don't want them in.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Actually, it makes total sense to me. I may not let "everyone" use my tablet, but on occasion someone I know may want to look something up. I don't want people to have access to my saved passwords, bookmarks, etc.
Good point. I keep a guest account (that only I know the password of) on my laptop so that I can, for example, let others use it when we go on trips without getting into my stuff. (I'm the only one that always brings a laptop. :D )

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
How about you fix the laggy performance of chrome for android ?!
They roll out all these updates that "improve scrolling performance" and improve benchmark scores... etc
But whilst scrolling through even the simplest websites you can notice lag and stutter...
And you wonder why reviewers are criticizing the web browsing performance on the nexus devices while praising apple's safari....

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006

Jelly Bean has introduced multiple user accounts to tablets... so on my nexus 7 i have an account and my wife has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.