Question Google History Sync Work Laptop

Oct 1, 2022
Hoping someone can help me here, didn't know exactly where this query fit.

I logged into my Google Calendar on my work machine and absentmindedly turned sync on. Two days later, I noticed that my browsing history from my phone had showed up on my work laptop, some of which would be NSFW. I didn't access any of these sites through the work machine or through the work network, logged out as soon as I realised and all that's left now is the local search history.

Can my employer see the synced Google search history? And even if I didn't access anything NSFW through their machine/network, would any of the search terms have been flagged?
Thanks!

Oct 1, 2022
One of the benefits from syncing your devices via a Google account, according to Googles support pages, is syncing History. So, yes, your History will be available on, in this case, your work computer. And yes, it will be available to your employer. Together with your passwords. This is the function you turned on.
Thanks for the response - is it still available to them if I have unsynced the account from my work machine and all that's left in the browsing history is the local history ie the search queries and sites I visited from the work machine?

How your employer has set up your work computer or their network is beyond my knowledge. Nor do I know anything about their routines or policies for backup, security or usage of work computers.
I don't know how Googles services work since I don't use them (except a mandatory Google account for my Android phone). I just searched the web for "Google sync" for you, since you didn't seem to have done that.