Google May Release Nexus 8 Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I think if this was true, it would be a great move. I was recently shopping around for tablets and as much as I liked the Nexus 7, I was more drawn to the Galaxy Tab 3 based on the 8" size. I currently have a 10" tablet, and I think that 8" seems to be just the right size. Anyway, I didn't buy anything and went away wishing they would come out with a Nexus 8. Sounds like my wish may come true.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
In addition to Tom's lack of editing the article before posting...users should also learn the proper use of "your" "you're"...

InvalidError

Titan
While a 8" screen on roughly the same footprint as the N7 by thinning out bezels would be nice, the image does appear to be a photoshop job: the real image components have very noisy/grainy look while the screen is perfectly clean with absolutely no gloss from the glass... apart from the bit of fake-looking highlight at the top.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
It would be a day one buy for me. My N7 is great, but it is kinda too small for me when viewing website and movies. It gets the job done but I just need something a little bit bigger. 7.9-8.9 inch device is my dream (Android).

Vigilence

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
The Nexus 5, Nexus 8 and Nexus 11 were all early year speculation and rumors.

The Nexus 5 has now been released, and if the device in this picture is real; soon the Nexus 8 will be released too. Now we just have to wait for either the Nexus 10 refresh or the Nexus 11 to come out.

Vigilence

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
The Nexus 5, Nexus 8 and Nexus 11 were all early year speculation and rumors.

The Nexus 5 has now been released, and if the device in this picture is real; soon the Nexus 8 will be released too. Now we just have to wait for either the Nexus 10 refresh or the Nexus 11 to come out.

InvalidError

Titan

Looks like a 7v2 to me... there is even a 7v2 just below that image to compare with. Every discernible detail matches.

M2DVDGuy

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2011
I'm very interested in the rumored 10 inch version.
I have the N7 (2nd gen) and it's a little small for my eyes.
Hard to believe they would contradict all the release rumors by somehow retooling an 8 inch version in time for what should surely be a Holiday release target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS