Google Nik Collection in new PC

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
So I have had an old Core 2 Duo PC for Lightroom and Photoshop for a few years now and obviously its not enough. One of the main reasons I was not upgrading is because of my Google Nik collection. I got it for Lightroom when Google was giving it away, then DxO bought it and now its paid.

Is there any way to transfer the Google Nik collection onto my new PC without buying it again? Is It linked to your account?

Solution

Not good.
As with most other applications, it needs to be "installed".
The Nik plugin collection integrates itself into Lightroom. You can't recreate that without installing it.

uo06XRI.png

Just like your actual LR and PS applications (and all the other ones you use). Can't just 'move it' to a new PC and its OS. They need to be installed.

However: in the context of a new PC, if you actually use that collection a lot...I would not be averse to paying the $69 for the newest version.
Some things are worth the money.

And I absolutely would not let the lack of the previously free Nik collection stop me...

USAFRet

Titan

It's not linked to your account, but as with most applications, you can't just transfer it.

When you installed it, it registered itself with your current PS and LR applications. As such, it would need to be reinstalled in a new PC and OS.

Do you still have the original install file?
nikcollection-full-1.2.11.exe.

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014

No, I ran the setup straight from the browser.

And all my Nik stuff is stored in C Drive.

USAFRet

Titan

Not good.
As with most other applications, it needs to be "installed".
The Nik plugin collection integrates itself into Lightroom. You can't recreate that without installing it.

uo06XRI.png

Just like your actual LR and PS applications (and all the other ones you use). Can't just 'move it' to a new PC and its OS. They need to be installed.

However: in the context of a new PC, if you actually use that collection a lot...I would not be averse to paying the $69 for the newest version.
Some things are worth the money.

And I absolutely would not let the lack of the previously free Nik collection stop me from upgrading the PC from a Core2Duo to something much newer.

Solution
Feb 11, 2019
OMG....THANK YOU!
I had a HD failure and was able to get someone to take all the data off for me and put it on an external HD. Was trying to install the old Nik software and did not have an execute file but had the uninstall file LOL.

USAFRET posted the exe file and i did a search to see if that was saved in my data dump....it was! So happy. Thank you! I guess my outlook 2013 emails are there too since that is where it probably came from. YES!