Google Now Monitoring All Apps in an Android Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Google, the company is now continually checking devices to make sure that all apps are getting along and behaving like legitimate apps should. Does this sound like Google is snooping around on your Android device? Yes it does, but the company points out that Verify Apps alone has been used more than 4 billion times to check apps at the time of install.
certainly snooping. scare the users a bit, and they'll gladly give up a bit more of their privacy for superficial security. how about making android more secure instead of snooping on users?

daekar

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Totally unnecessary move. I install apps from wherever I please, and a warning at installation is all that is necessary. This is snooping, plain and simple.

Dec 18, 2013
This is just a straw man argument: when asked about potential snooping, the response is that the app monitoring system is working beautifully~

This scanning has no added benefit for typical users, who need to give up more of their privacy in order to supposedly protect the small subset of Android users who know how to get apps from alternative app stores. Google Play already verifies submitted apps so the only reason they want to bring constant monitoring to the user-level is to check on other installed apps from third-party app stores.

There are mobile anti-virus suites available such as Avast...and I suspect they do a better job that Google's App Verify function. This really seems like a case of users giving up more of their privacy to the whims of Google.

Dec 18, 2013
This is just a straw man argument: when asked about potential snooping, the response is that the app monitoring system is working beautifully~

This scanning has no added benefit for typical users, who need to give up more of their privacy in order to supposedly protect the small subset of Android users who know how to get apps from alternative app stores. Google Play already verifies submitted apps so the only reason they want to bring constant monitoring to the user-level is to check on other installed apps from third-party app stores.

There are mobile anti-virus suites available such as Avast...and I suspect they do a better job that Google's App Verify function. This really seems like a case of users giving up more of their privacy to the whims of Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.