Question Google Pixel 3 XL battery issue

Texas Kelly

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
Having what looks like a battery calibration problem with my Pixel 3 XL (in a potent illustration of why I hate phones that don't have removable batteries and hate more that any and all new phones of consequence are manufactured that way).

After a period of heavy usage, the battery saver warning came on at 17%, and then I watched my phone tick all the way down to 4% in less than a minute's time (at which point I shut it off and plugged it in to charge), demonstrating the OS had no clue of just how much charge was left. This follows a similar instance about two months ago when the phone shut off without warning with the battery at 11% and wouldn't turn back on, indicating the battery was fully discharged.

Any suggestions for fixing Android on my phone so that it actually reports the remaining charge accurately? Phone is current on patches.

Texas Kelly

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
Yeah, that didn't have any info I felt was useful for the situation. No strange apps, nothing unusual in Digital Wellbeing.

I don't feel like the battery is poor or short - on an average day, I'll leave for work with the battery at about 80%, come home with it somewhere between 40-55% depending upon how much I use it, top it off to about 85% before going to bed. Just concerned about the accuracy of the percentages that the OS is spitting out at me.