Google Pixel Slate 2-in-1 Chromebook Hands-On

g-unit1111

Titan
Not bad. I love my surface though because it's a full PC with a legitimate Windows 10 install. And that I can run all my Windows apps on that device. The Google tablet and even the almighty iPad cannot compare to MS in that regard.

The thing I have with operating systems like Chrome is how limiting they are compared to real Windows 10. That said, I'd be curious to see how the handwriting features stack up to MS and Apple. So far I've had the best luck with the Windows 10 handwriting features.

drawingpin

Reputable
Dec 5, 2016
You can pickup a pretty good Chromebook for less than $300. After all, the experience is cloud based and supposed to take away from the need for expensive hardware. So why on earth would anybody pony up $900 for base version with a keyboard and pen? It doesn't make sense. Why not just buy a surface instead?

bhillyer70

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
I will be passing on this. I paid a lot for the Pixel C two years ago and they knew they had a log-in PIN/Password problem (only fix is a full factory reset) and in nearly 24 months, chose not to fix it, and quit communicating with the nearly 1000 people having the issue. They lie to people who call and say, please report the issue because we have't heard of it, and you are now out of warranty. They even quit returning Android Police's (who first reported it) calls about it, to try to get updates after 19 months.?

Oenomel_G

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
The problem is.....Google/Apple stop providing updates based on HARDWARE....MS pours them out to the OS no matter your hardware...WIN MS.