Discussion Google Play on Windows 11, have sense?

Pee wee

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
Hi guys,

I hope you are all well. As you know, one of the news that microsoft announced for Windows 11 is the ability to run android apps or games natively on PC.
My doubt: although windows support the android catalog, I think it is the same as having the BlueStacks emulator, because those games are prepared for smartphones not for PC, or not ?

They say they will be optimized, but it is not the same an ARM than an x86, or not (?) Let's not forget that windows launched its mobile OS and although it was faster and more efficient than Android, it failed.

Appreciate any opinion & clarification.

Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it only has access to the Amazon catalog, I haven't ever used it myself so not sure of the range of apps on it, but its no where near size of Google Play

It uses the Windows Subsystem for Android, so I assume its like the linux subsystem on 11 that lets you run Ubuntu in the Windows Terminal
xdL6e9E.jpg

except it lets you run the apps on desktop

I don't know how it will work, I don't have any desire to use apps designed for a phone, on my PC.

Reactions: Pee wee

Pee wee

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
I am so grateful for your comment, @Colif. Yes, it's the Amazon app store. It makes a lot of sense if let's have got a Surface Pro or Windows 11 Tablet.

Regards.