Google Project Tango Could be the Phone of the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Put this technology on the Oculus Rift or Google Glass and the world will never be the same again. I am pretty sure everyone who is reading this article will already have a few things in mind on how this technology can be used.In my mind, I am thinking about the Nerve Gear in Sword Art Online and Accel World.

xkm1948

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Imagine when we finish mapping the brain and start actually sending signals to our cortex without going through our peripheral sensory. That will be the next 20 yrs work.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Put this technology on the Oculus Rift or Google Glass and the world will never be the same again. I am pretty sure everyone who is reading this article will already have a few things in mind on how this technology can be used.In my mind, I am thinking about the Nerve Gear in Sword Art Online and Accel World.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011

alextheblue

Distinguished
It's interesting, but I don't know that I'd call this revolutionary. Looks a lot like miniaturized Kinect technology, which was kind of inevitable. They even poached Kinect talent to make it happen. Hmm, I know all companies poach talent as well as product, but Google does this possibly more than any other company, which is saying something.

tristangl

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Yep, pretty cool... with the optional glasses kit (of course there will be one) You could be walking downtown but instead of buildings, streets and cars, you would be surrounded by mountains and grass and unicorns. WowJust hope the thing doesn't freeze up and blind you from the car coming at you

tomrippity02

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
It's interesting, but I don't know that I'd call this revolutionary. Looks a lot like miniaturized Kinect technology, which was kind of inevitable.
When you have that many employee's, it is inevitable that you have many members working on many different projects. I'm not clear if you think it is bad for some reason that Google does this often? To me, it is just a solid company recognizing where the skills of its employee's serve their purpose best.Also, the Kinect is stationary and knows nothing about which direction it is facing or how the world around it is changing. This technology is made to gather information rapidly while be constantly rotated and directed. Saying this is essentially a kinect is like saying a NASCAR is essentially a Camry. Yes, they share some qualities, but the abilities are far beyond their siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.