Google Said to be Preparing Half Million of Cheaper Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatanek

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
yeah, in America maybe. why-o-why is Europe being constantly ignored by the likes of Google? are we that small of a market? perhaps they should reconsider their shipping/pricing policy then people would buy more I guess.

if you're lucky enough to even come across one you can get the Nexus 7 8GB for €199 which translates to $262. WTF?! for that you Americans will get a 16GB version and you'll still have some change for a cover or something.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
LOL at these Android tablets. They literally have to GIVE them away to get people to consider them!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Congratulations on the unsustainable business model. When everyone expects a free device, you will be hard pressed to convince people to start paying for them after you have bankrupted your mobile division and can no longer play Robin Hood by giving away smart phones to poor people.

markconstable

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
@getreal doesn't get it, poor fella. Google doesn't have to make any return, let alone a high return, on the Nexus tablets because they make money via people using them with Google services. What REALLY matters to Google is that every time they sell a Nexus, or any Android device, that is one less sale to Apple or M$. That's what matters to Google.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]slatanek[/nom]yeah, in America maybe. why-o-why is Europe being constantly ignored by the likes of Google? are we that small of a market? perhaps they should reconsider their shipping/pricing policy then people would buy more I guess. if you're lucky enough to even come across one you can get the Nexus 7 8GB for €199 which translates to $262. WTF?! for that you Americans will get a 16GB version and you'll still have some change for a cover or something. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...[/citation]
Time and again, Europeans fail to realise that their higher prices are usually directly due to much higher sales taxes! Nothing Google or others can do about that..
I hope they will get more aggressive with the price of the larger model, as I would be definitely interested! :)

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
WTF google make 1 millon of nexus 4, who gives a damn about tablets anymore? even my 2005 laptop using XP run games and browse smoother than any tablet, also i have tons of really free apps (freeware programs) because almost everything it's free for PC in linux or windows, what i want it's those cheap, beautiful and powerful Nexus 4 that have something that my laptop doesn't and that is portability... my laptop doesnt fit my pocket and neither will a 7 inch tablet, but 4 inch phone will do the trick

Teeroy32

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
[citation][nom]zeratul600[/nom]WTF google make 1 millon of nexus 4, who gives a damn about tablets anymore? even my 2005 laptop using XP run games and browse smoother than any tablet, also i have tons of really free apps (freeware programs) because almost everything it's free for PC in linux or windows, what i want it's those cheap, beautiful and powerful Nexus 4 that have something that my laptop doesn't and that is portability... my laptop doesnt fit my pocket and neither will a 7 inch tablet, but 4 inch phone will do the trick[/citation]
dude you must have realy small pockets, it reminds me of when game boy pockets came out, my mates where bragging about about them and teasing me about my brick game boy, till I put it in my polar fleece tracksuit pant pockets and said, I have a pocket game boy to, bigger is better lol

slatanek

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
[citation][nom]zeratul600[/nom]WTF google make 1 millon of nexus 4, who gives a damn about tablets anymore? even my 2005 laptop using XP run games and browse smoother than any tablet, also i have tons of really free apps (freeware programs) because almost everything it's free for PC in linux or windows, what i want it's those cheap, beautiful and powerful Nexus 4 that have something that my laptop doesn't and that is portability... my laptop doesnt fit my pocket and neither will a 7 inch tablet, but 4 inch phone will do the trick[/citation]

@techcurious you're partially right. have a quick look here: http://www.linkedin.com/answers/law-legal/tax-law/LAW_TXL/1038951-69911096

so it seems the whole picture is: the company's have to pay VAT taxes, but they get the most of it back anyway. the customer has to pay the full VAT + what the company sees appropriate adding, since they'll have to add the VAT to the price anyway so, "what the hack, if we add another €20 to the price no one will notice". Outcome? the customer gets screwed double :-(

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
We want quality products, not cheap rubbish. I have a Nexus 7, but it's far from perfect. I'd rather them focus on better performance than slashing prices.

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Even at $200 I like the N7. Gotta say though, the N4 was a bit of a disappointment. Went right back to my GNEX. What it lacks in processor speed/ram, it more than makes up for in openness and development community.

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
[citation][nom]santeana[/nom]Fuck the N7's. Get us some Nexus 4's already!![/citation]

To all of you complaining about the Nexus 4 not being available. You do know that LG and Asus are different companies, they are even from different countries. They don't use the same processors or the same LCD screens so the supply chains are completely different. I know to most Americans Asia is all the same but one has nothing to do with the other.

The Nexus 4 is a popular device and to be honest your probably better off if you wait a bit on it. Whatever supply or manufacturing issues that exist in early models will be fixed over time.

clownbaby

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Fancarolina[/nom]To all of you complaining about the Nexus 4 not being available. You do know that LG and Asus are different companies, they are even from different countries. They don't use the same processors or the same LCD screens so the supply chains are completely different. I know to most Americans Asia is all the same but one has nothing to do with the other.The Nexus 4 is a popular device and to be honest your probably better off if you wait a bit on it. Whatever supply or manufacturing issues that exist in early models will be fixed over time.[/citation]

Easy there grinch. "Most Americans" don't make such derogatory generalizations about other countries like you.

At the end of the day, Google is the company that orders the production and it's up to them to compensate for whatever supply time tables their manufacturers have to deal with. If they don't meet the demand for a product they released, that's their fault.

I personally am in no rush to be an early adopter of most products for many reasons, but if people want to voice their annoyance at the availability of something, that's their choice; it has nothing to do with misunderstanding the part sourcing and supply chain of a multi-national corporation.

Now go fill some more stockings with coal.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Id like all new tvs to have as standard a browser built in and the ability to connect to the net.

Well on that topic. Id like the nexus to have the ability to have a laser projection keyboard. Again this should be standard on all new tvs.

Status
Not open for further replies.