Google Schedules Breakfast for July 24: Future of Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltripod110

Honorable
May 28, 2013
With all the other sub par (hardware) plug-n-play android devices that cannot actually function like a desktop, I would like to see this happen but have major doubts with all the other failures

mariusmotea

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Microsoft hurry up with windows 9. If android go desktop and fight with windows 8 i belive OEM will adopt Android on all cheep notebooks and pc's

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Android on desktops is intriguing, super lightweight and super cheap... But it'll have a *long* way to go before it competes with Windows directly. I'm betting it becomes to desktop OS's what Windows Phone is to phone OS's.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
It would be amazing if they actually served Key Lime Pie to the attendees for breakfast. I'd like to see the multi-window function similar to TouchWiz on stock android. Perhaps using the recent apps tab. I hope they discuss the Nexus 5 (LG Maybe? Moto X?) What if they add android apps to chromebooks? Support for older hardware to reduce fragmentation? I AM SO EXCITED. *take deep breaths and count to ten*

hannibal

Distinguished

Actually it would be good if MS would have to give up some Windows desktop users to Android desktop users. It would put healthy competition allso to desktop market, but as it has been said in this article, it is mainly for TV-screen usage, so nothing too fansy is coming out yet. The combination of Chrome os and Android os is guite likely in long run.
Allso win9 does not offer anything that would make those that are willing to use Android in desktop compared to win8.x.
The best part of windows9 is new disk operation system, that will not be very popular in home computer, because all old devises are based on the older disk opetation system (in long run it will offer much more secure disk operations, and that is very good! Less corrupted files etc). It will have Metro2 (Metor Airo?) and some other new tweaks... Nothing that normal user is very exited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS