Question Google sheet help

Aug 26, 2022
I have been working on a Google Sheet form and trying to create descending rank with condition that every person which achieved some objective ( eg 95%) is getting maximum points, so let say 12 players -12 points max. Everyone below 95%should go down in the rank accordingly.

Help appreciated.

I may not fully understand what you are trying to achieve but I have a guess. If using Excel this sounds like a scenario for an IF statement when applying a score. For example if a player >=95% then assign max score, otherwise calculate score. Then find the best method for sorting the results.

I don’t use Google sheet so not familiar with the formula formatting, but I’m very familiar with Excel.

Ralston18

Titan
What have you tried?

Take a couple of screenshots of your Google Sheet (feel free to redact personal information) showing the columns and rows.

Before and after the ranking "rules" have been applied. What is and is not working?

How does the spreadsheet deal with or otherwise assess a tie?

What functions (if any) are being used and applied. What is the underlying logic to determine ranking? List some "mechanical' examples. As if the individual objectives/ %'s were written on index cards and you manually sorted the cards.

You can post the screenshots here using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Ralston18

Titan