News Google Shutting Down Stadia Game Streaming Service

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
We have reached peak subscription.

Lowering the cost of gaming is the way to go - as Valve is doing by employing Linux in the scenario. In the long run, that will pay off. Linux saves servers/admins/big corporations a massive amount of money.

Linux will save gamers money too.

Reactions: _dawn_chorus_

demonicus

Commendable
Dec 7, 2020
honestly ill stick to game pass or ps network if i want android games and controller use.. we can all just use BLUESTACKS....the program like destroyed stadia and its full blown android on ur pc with a little app install then get all the games and apps u want.. install apks etc

D

Deleted member 14196

Nobody asked for these services, and nobody wants them, and nobody has infinite bandwidth

these are horribly stupid ideas that we’re never going to work, and that probably will never work

well, maybe when the price of video cards is $9000 this will be the only way people can game?

when this service launched, I said it would fail so I told you so

oh, and let that be a lesson to everybody, Google will always shut down services . Never trust google services because they won’t last

I bet they’ll even dropped email someday

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Everyone saw this coming. I think most people are surprised Google didn't kill Stadia sooner.

Stadia could have been a success if Google had created compelling first-party exclusives. They didn't have to be at the AAA quality level either -- a mistake so many other non-gaming companies have made.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Cloud gaming will remain niche, no thanks to the ISPs. The data plans are poop in many regions, and they've got countries carved up like pie pieces.

"ISPs are smart [and] they understand that they’re in the business of keeping customers happy..." - Phil Harrison
That aged well, huh Phil?

Red_Frog

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2005
And, to the surprise of none, Phil Harrison yeets another one.

How many more grifts will he have in him before he can't get hired to waste other people's time and money?