[SOLVED] Google Stadia End of gaming PC?

Mar 21, 2019
Hey I wanna put this debate out there also that's my worry rn as m planning to build my first gaming PC untill Google just announced stadia?..so my question is would it be worth it to build a budget gaming PC in 2019 April when Google is launching stadia streaming service this fall .. wouldn't building a new PC rn would be stupidity as Google promises 4k gaming without any hardware?

Solution
To be quite honest with the advancements in technology it seems like some companies might like nothing more than to phase out physical systems and have everything cloud based. But that would be quite alot of computer resources being used on the service hosts end.
This goes the other way as well.There are more then enough casual gamers (moms&pops) that would love to not have to spend $500-600 every couple of years for a new console and then have to wait for minutes or even hours for updates to finish because they don't play that often, let alone the hours it takes to download the games in the first place and the space it takes up and all that noise.
It depends ...
  1. Your internet connection ... if you have a fast connection with minimal lag and no bandwidth cap ... sounds good
  2. Price ... $5 a month sounds interesting ... $100 a month not so much ... I guess that means it will be $49.99 a month .... not sure
  3. Their hardware ... if they spend enough on hardware that you can get a good experience, well great ... if not ... ummmmmmm

I'm a PC lover ... client side is much better than server side ... so, put in the skeptical category.

Their hardware ... if they spend enough on hardware that you can get a good experience, well great ... if not ... ummmmmmm
Dude it's google,they are like the number one source for people renting virtual/cloud computing cores and graphic.
Heck if they reduce upload and transcoding speeds for youtube by 1% they probably free up enough hardware to run stadia for everybody.

But no matter how good stadia is going to be you will want to have a PC at home as well because it's impossible for them to have every game on there at once,if you want to play what you want when you want you will need a PC.

Mar 21, 2019
So whatever stadia may come up with what do you guys think how much time will it take to be a legit game streaming service and a alternative to pc gaming or a replacement 2 3 years ?

Mar 21, 2019
It depends ...
  1. Your internet connection ... if you have a fast connection with minimal lag and no bandwidth cap ... sounds good
  2. Price ... $5 a month sounds interesting ... $100 a month not so much ... I guess that means it will be $49.99 a month .... not sure
  3. Their hardware ... if they spend enough on hardware that you can get a good experience, well great ... if not ... ummmmmmm
I'm a PC lover ... client side is much better than server side ... so, put in the skeptical category.
So what would you recommend me should I built my first budget pc for like 800$ or stadia would be worth the wait cause I just wanna game on the PC and some light multimedia

Mortem420

Reputable
Feb 12, 2017
So whatever stadia may come up with what do you guys think how much time will it take to be a legit game streaming service and a alternative to pc gaming or a replacement 2 3 years ?

To be quite honest with the advancements in technology it seems like some companies might like nothing more than to phase out physical systems and have everything cloud based. But that would be quite alot of computer resources being used on the service hosts end. You also have to think about price and internet connection as anotherdrew had said, with there being many factors to internet connection.

Slow or overly expensive internet wouldn't be good for streaming a gaming experience from a server that's held elsewhere. There's also matters of there are parts of the world where its just difficult to get good internet as well as, places like canada (we have like no unlimited data plans here that are actually affordable) and the possibility of service outages. its bad enough you cant game online when your internet is down, imagine not being able to game at all.

In my honest opinion, physical systems arent going anywhere anytime soon and these streaming services will probably just be the "Netflix of the gaming world" at most. Good for some, garbage for others

Last edited:
Reactions: Devinriverra
Personally I think longer. If this performs well it’s going to be so reliant on a fast internet connection that it will restrict the number of people who can get its full potential.

Reactions: anotherdrew
To be quite honest with the advancements in technology it seems like some companies might like nothing more than to phase out physical systems and have everything cloud based. But that would be quite alot of computer resources being used on the service hosts end.
This goes the other way as well.There are more then enough casual gamers (moms&pops) that would love to not have to spend $500-600 every couple of years for a new console and then have to wait for minutes or even hours for updates to finish because they don't play that often, let alone the hours it takes to download the games in the first place and the space it takes up and all that noise.

Solution
And so it will probably come down to price and experience.

Interesting side note ... There was a time when dumb terminals connected to a power server was a common model. We moved away from that. Now it seems like are moving back towards that.