Google Staff's Bonuses Depend on Social Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
what is social success? google can't possibly be more "socially successful" then now. everyone who correctly uses the internet uses google, android is huge... i don't get it. someone asks me for directions i say to them "google it" and they do using their android phone... maybe he means that everyone at google has to be on facebook/twitter?

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
PS their is to much "networking" and not enough REAL socializing these days. chatting online isn't REAL communication!

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]PS their is to much "networking" and not enough REAL socializing these days. chatting online isn't REAL communication![/citation]
Very true! +1

They want to end the year by really breaking into a valuable market. What a better way to motivate people than to tell them we'll pay you more if we all meet a company goal.

Must be a great company to work for if you know you'll get some kind of bonus every quarter even if company goals aren't met!? Who does that these days?

G

Myself deleted facebook, and will happily sign up for any social web service that allows me perfect backward secrecy, hides the identity on my driver's license for real, and lets me compartmentalize friends/groups and participate as multiple identities with one group of friends not being able to tell I participate/post in other groups/interests/compartments of friends.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. ... and Google.[/citation]

Well said.

gruntlord6

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. ... and Google.[/citation]
Or any business....

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]PS their is to much "networking" and not enough REAL socializing these days. chatting online isn't REAL communication![/citation]
Amen. Nobody can understand that chatting with people on the internet isn't socializing with them. It's called being too lazy to actually get up and go talk to people.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Google wants to heat up the competition with Facebook and Twitter.

[citation][nom]034598347598375[/nom]Myself deleted facebook, and will happily sign up for any social web service that allows me perfect backward secrecy
[/citation]

Facebook has many privacy issues, but also Google has its own privacy issue.

geossj5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
[citation][nom]fyasko[/nom]what is social success? google can't possibly be more "socially successful" then now. everyone who correctly uses the internet uses google, android is huge... i don't get it. someone asks me for directions i say to them "google it" and they do using their android phone... maybe he means that everyone at google has to be on facebook/twitter?[/citation]

dude did u even read the article??

Google's forays into social networking hasn't succeeded because they weren't able to simply buy out companies. Let's face it, other than Android/Search what has Google "realy" created from the ground up? YouTube was bought and Gmail simply followed Yahoo and Hotmail.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Really bpsi that's why you don't work for google... lol

There's nothing wrong with networking. It helps people communicate a lot better over longer distances. Granted I've seen the idiots that will text instead of talk to the person sitting right beside him. But theres idiots in everything.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008

dude, online sex is absolutely communication. language of love baby.

frederico

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

Its called Capitalism -

I think the ideology you are looking for is communism, no growth, only Ladas

frederico

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]bpislife[/nom]And this is why I don't work for google.[/citation]

I am pretty sure if Google went down into your basement, woke you up at midday and offered you a job, any job, you'd leap at the chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS