Google to Focus on Future Motorola Phones' Battery, Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilsizer

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
It'll be interesting to see what Motorola puts out under Google. They're both companies with great products. My Droid is my favorite device ATM.

matthelm

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
I'd really like to have a smart phone that can last 3+ days with light usage. Splat wise, I use a OtterBox, not an issue. ;-)

G

matthelm, get the Razr Maxx or Maxx HD. My dad has the original Razr Maxx, and it lasted over 4 days in the middle of the Grand Canyon and still had about 30% when we left. The crazier part is that he still had service down there. Almost made me want to jump on with Verizon.

hewettbr

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
yeah otter box is cool but as phones get thinnner we put bigger and bigger cases on them, so why even make the phones small?

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]hewettbr[/nom]yeah otter box is cool but as phones get thinnner we put bigger and bigger cases on them, so why even make the phones small?[/citation]So that when we put smaller phones in the bigger cases, there is a nice balance of size. small phone and big case = med sized device. Much better than big case and big phone = brick in your pocket.

G

Moto makes some sweet hardware, should be interesting to see Motos spin on a pure Android device.

hannibal

Distinguished
Hmm... Sounds good for me! Battery life and durability have been on my focus when thinking smartphones for a while! I know that many people like very slim phones with 4 hours battery time, but I am more interested in phones that last several days in normal dayly usage. And old motorola Defy still is one of those better durable phones, so this may be something that I have been wainting for!

If they're serious, they should put Razr Maxx-type of battery in every device, or better, they should make these phones available unlocked for everybody to buy. You can't find a Razr Maxx HD unlocked for GSM bands anywhere, because there isn't any. Drop that network exclusivity crap and release it to the masses.

[citation][nom]some internet dude[/nom]Moto makes some sweet hardware, should be interesting to see Motos spin on a pure Android device.[/citation]
Been waitin' for that spin ever since they bought Moto. Kinda losing my faith it will ever come.

evilsizer

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
From what it sounds like, Google is now the top in those decisions. If the problem was management, then I can see Google straightening them out. Raked as the top company to work for 4 years in a row and being one of the most well known and respected companies in the world, I doubt they'll let poor management at Moto to damage that rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.