Google Wants to Be Part of Your Meetings With Chromebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
"<b>Google Wants to Be Part of Your <s>Meetings,</s> personal Life, shopping preferences, email, visited websites, medical records., etc., With Chromebox, Google, Google+, Google Glass, etc,.</b>".../fixed

C 64

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Google wants to spy on your work meetings, because they know everything about your "private" live allready.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Make all the snarky comments you want, Google is giving many, many people something that their spending habits prove they want. What is that? A means of funding technology that isn't forking over money to them directly out of your wallet. You don't like what they're doing? Vote with your wallet - don't buy their products. The fact is though, many, many people are voting for Google with their wallets and their choices of software/services, and you cannot level the criticism at Google that the are not giving the public what it wants. Yes, a lot of the fault here lies on a hypocritical public that loves to support a company's practices and bash them simultaneously.

Also, if your fingers are just trembling to bash Google and you have an Android phone, a Chromebook, use Google maps, Gmail, Google docs, YouTube, etch etc... Well, welcome to being part of what you think is the problem, hypocrite. There are alternatives that don't follow Google's business practices and they are getting whipped by Google - because people, like you, don't use them.

KALLO

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
I bet that 70 % of Android users don't even know that their phone has any relations to Google. They were just buying Samsung, Sony, Huawei etc. It's pretty harsh to blame someone being a hypocrite who in reality is just ignorant instead. Or totally oblivious.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Let's put it this way... When my audience is a tech forum I'm not too worried about people not knowing that Android is from Google. What's more, when someone pays enough attention to technology news to know that Google is associated with all sorts of privacy issues, I'm betting they know that Google makes Android.

And frankly, it's harsh, but it's also harsh to paint Google out to be the devil for data mining for the purpose of advertising, ESPECIALLY when you agreed to an EULA that quite clearly states that this is what they do.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I bet that 70 % of Android users don't even know that their phone has any relations to Google. They were just buying Samsung, Sony, Huawei etc. It's pretty harsh to blame someone being a hypocrite who in reality is just ignorant instead. Or totally oblivious.
Arbitrary, made-up statistics FTW. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.