News Google Will Support Chrome on Windows 7 Despite Microsoft's Abandonment

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Google also noted that its browser could be useful in the transition process, as users are able to migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and seamlessly switch over their browser settings, provided they log in to Google Chrome using their Google Account.
You don't have to sync your data via Google. I just upgraded PCs and all I cared about taking from Chrome was my bookmarks. The bookmark manager has an import/export facility that works just fine.

BTW, anyone on Linux who wants Chrome without all the Google spyware should try the open source Chromium browser. It's literally the foundations of the Chrome browser. Most distros include it.

You can also get Windows builds, but they don't seem to have proper releases. So, it's a bit more bleeding-edge than many would prefer:

Last edited:

alextheblue

Distinguished
BTW, anyone on Linux who wants Chrome without all the Google spyware should try the open source Chromium browser. It's literally the foundations of the Chrome browser. Most distros include it.

You can also get Windows builds, but they don't seem to have proper releases. So, it's a bit more bleeding-edge than many would prefer
If/when MS brings their "set tabs aside" feature to Edgium, I'll probably use that. It's one of the Edge features I really liked and used all the time.

TRENDING THREADS