Google's 'I'm Feeling Lucky' Now Includes Other Emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Google's engineers must have spare time to kill.

That's unheard of in many tech companies sadly.

"You don't get paid to think or imagine! You are getting paid to program!"

sourgrapes01

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Google's engineers must have spare time to kill.[/citation]

They have lots of time now that they are no longer allowed to copy Apple without risk of losing billions. Maybe they will actually create innovative products for a change.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I'm feeling lucky is useful, I have Google instant search disabled (it's very annoying)
I'm feeling hungry would not be useful at all. If I'm hungry I leave the computer and go to the kitchen.

Meatymutawings

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
[citation][nom]sourgrapes01[/nom]They have lots of time now that they are no longer allowed to copy Apple without risk of losing billions. Maybe they will actually create innovative products for a change.[/citation]
lol google copying apple?
could you please enlighten me on how this search engine company that made software like chrome and OS like android copied apple in any way?

misterawsome

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
[citation][nom]sourgrapes01[/nom]They have lots of time now that they are no longer allowed to copy Apple without risk of losing billions. Maybe they will actually create innovative products for a change.[/citation]
hmmm the search engine isn't innovative.

theabsinthehare

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Actually, Google employees are REQUIRED to spend at least one hour a day working on something that is their own idea. It may be something entirely unrelated to Google, or sometimes it could be something like this, a small, fun addon to something Google already has.

theabsinthehare

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]theabsinthehare[/nom]Actually, Google employees are REQUIRED to spend at least one hour a day working on something that is their own idea. It may be something entirely unrelated to Google, or sometimes it could be something like this, a small, fun addon to something Google already has.[/citation]

Just kidding. It's even higher than that. 20% of their time.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]descendency[/nom]You get that one in incognito mode in chrome.[/citation]

But Google and your ISP is watching everything you do. Everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.