Google's Nexus Tablet May Arrive in May from Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
1GB of storage? I think at least 2GB because some Apps will only install on the local storage. There is probably a $3 price difference between 1 and 2GB. A micro-SD slot will fix the lack of overall storage.

I would like to have one of these when it launches. I bought a $100 chinese MID tablet 7" with a 1.2Ghz/512mb/4GB/Gingerbread setup and it's actually very good, though has some wonky issues you would expect from a $100 tablet. This would be a nice replacement for it.

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Would be nice to see a 10.1" Android Tab that would output at least 1080P via HDMI. Hopefully this partnership will produce such a device down the road.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I can't wait for the nexus tablet to accompany my nexus one (ye i still have that, its awesome :) )
Damn with this price i might buy two, one for my wife too ^^

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
what i find odd thou, is why no mention of motorola....

clearly, google would have been thinking about acquiring motorola at the same time as designing this tablet

but i will say based on my past asus experience, i am for sure interested in this

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]stingray71[/nom]Would be nice to see a 10.1" Android Tab that would output at least 1080P via HDMI. Hopefully this partnership will produce such a device down the road.[/citation]Transformer Prime outputs 1080p over HDMI already.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]stingray71[/nom]Would be nice to see a 10.1" Android Tab that would output at least 1080P via HDMI. Hopefully this partnership will produce such a device down the road.[/citation]
My Galaxy Nexus phone outputs 1080p over HDMI (with USB-MHL adapter). I'm pretty sure these tablets will be able to do it too.

G

No one cares about a higher resolution screen. iPad3 sucks. minimum $500 investment in 8 month old technology. Apple doesn't know what consumers want anymore. WAKE UP!

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]apple has higher resolution screen. the new ipad soc is better than tegra 3. nvidia needs to step up their game.[/citation]
Has Apple ever actually shown any true benchmarks of the A5X vs the Tegra 3 or are they just talking out of their ass like normal? As far as I know Apple just said, "hey our CPU is 4 times better then nVidia's, trust us" and never gave any proof. If that is true how can you so casually spout out something that you don't know is true.

trtmerlin

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I think this will be a great alternative for folks that won't pay for or can't afford an Ipad 3. Me personally I've supported apple for quite some time, but the prices for their tablets seem quite had considering the technology in them is not that pricey. I'm not a tablet expert by any means (as of yet), but from a young adults point of view trying to finish graduate school, I think this tablet would be a great buy. You're also not bound by verizon or at&t going this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.