Google's Plans to Leave China are 99.9% Certain

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacman61

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
Among these is the possibility of handing over a majority stake or even the entire business to a local player.

I don't recommend that... China with steal as much technology and patented ideas as possible.

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
I wish America would boycott Chinese made products altogether. It's the only way they will get the point. Freedom + China = FAIL.

dacman61

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
[citation][nom]CTPAHHIK[/nom]I know this is not relevant, apologize for that. How do I prevent finance.google.com from going to Chinese site?[/citation]

Google it! :)

dacman61

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
[citation][nom]marsax73[/nom]I wish America would boycott Chinese made products altogether. It's the only way they will get the point. Freedom + China = FAIL.[/citation]

I wish we could but do you realize how much crap us American use that is "Made In China"? I'm sick of seeing virtually everything say that on it.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
the problem is though, once we stop buying chinese goods, they stop buying our goods..so we must ask ourselves if we can really accept those consequences..

mkyam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
As much as China is seen as evil, and the US promoting human rights across the globe, the country that kills most innocent people was and still is....America. Who are you to judge other countries then.

[citation][nom]dacman61[/nom]I wish we could but do you realize how much crap us American use that is "Made In China"? I'm sick of seeing virtually everything say that on it.[/citation]

Never forget the drywall that was made there that rots every thing with metal in it including electronics. In China they can make nails cheaper than it does to make wire in Indonesia.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]marsax73[/nom]I wish America would boycott Chinese made products altogether. It's the only way they will get the point. Freedom + China = FAIL.[/citation]

Yea that would pretty much be an act of war. Here's how it would happen. We stop buying Chinese goods. They dump our bonds. We can't pay. We our forced to go to war. Doesn't really matter who fires the first shot.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
...the company is likely to take some time to follow through with the plan as it seeks an orderly closure and takes steps to protect local employees from retaliation by the authorities.
With free and unbiased reporting like this, no wonder the above posters are fervently jingoistic. The same yellow press gets this country in two wars and we are looking for a fifth (after Iran and N. Korea later this year)

baddad

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
[citation][nom]mkyam[/nom]As much as China is seen as evil, and the US promoting human rights across the globe, the country that kills most innocent people was and still is....America. Who are you to judge other countries then.[/citation]
Show me the numbers.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I'm sure I'll get thumbed down for having an unpopular opinion, but it's not like google had any choice here. They were violating the law and china was going to shut them down and perhaps prosecute.

The American companies that would begin (or increase volume) of product manufacture would buy the materials that china wasn't buying. It would improve unemployment, and the economy. Simultaneously it would reduce shipping and greenhouse gas emissions. Walmart might not like being forced to pay fair wages to factory workers and Apple wouldn't like not being able to have cheap child labor, but for the country as a whole it would be a good thing in my opinion.

smashley

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I think Google should apply the same censorship it does to China to the rest of the world for one day, just so we can see what they are missing... this all seems like a good plot for the next james bond movie.. the next world war will be fought by a private organization who pissed off the wrong country. Don't forget China could destroy the american/world economy just by asking for what's owed to them.

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]the problem is though, once we stop buying chinese goods, they stop buying our goods..so we must ask ourselves if we can really accept those consequences..[/citation]

Have you seen the trade deficit with China, that not an issue at all. This is a huge loss for Google that is the fastest growing market in the world. Google can't balance its books without growth right now. They have other areas for sure, but this will be a huge negative on them for years to come.
This wasn’t a noble act either; they have been shut out for the most part. First the Chinese demonstrate the weakness of their cloud and then kick them out when they complained, love it.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Google should DDoS the main Chinese infrastructure into submission! Just think about their server farms as a gargantuan botnet.

Boycotting doesnt work, just tax them to starvation.

mkyam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
[citation][nom]baddad[/nom]Show me the numbers.[/citation]

One does not need to be a mathematical genius or a rocket scientist to realize how many people are killed by two atomic bombs, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and God knows what else. "Show me the numbers"...wtf. The truth hurts, even if you refuse to acknowledge it.

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]dacman61[/nom]I wish we could but do you realize how much crap us American use that is "Made In China"? I'm sick of seeing virtually everything say that on it.[/citation]

Oh I know! I agree with someone else that posted something on here. Time to start manufacturing our own stuff for us. Employment would improve and we wouldn't be relient on other countries. You can't escape the global market but you can be selective who you do business with.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]mkyam[/nom]As much as China is seen as evil, and the US promoting human rights across the globe, the country that kills most innocent people was and still is....America. Who are you to judge other countries then.[/citation]

America? Are you saying that America kills thousands of innocent people a day? Where? Because the ones I was shooting at shot at me first. Men, women and children.

Sounds like BS to me, lets see some numbers to backup your claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.