Google's UK Market Share Falls Below 90 Percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainblacko

Honorable
May 21, 2012
i still use google daily....but that's because its the default search engine in firefox.

However bing is starting to grow on me. I love Bing Maps....but thats possibly because i was a user of its predecessor multimaps.

jnffarrell1

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Google is giving Microsoft enough rope to hang itself with knock out tactics learned from IBM and applied since the '90s to favor IE and other MS internet products. With Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8, MS makes it difficult to impossible for users to exercise their right to other browsers, other search, map, social, etc. Apps.

When the smoke clears in the EU, reciprocal open interfaces for browsers, search, maps and Apps will apply to Google, Apple, Microsoft and other 'ecosystems'.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]jnffarrell1[/nom]Google is giving Microsoft enough rope to hang itself with knock out tactics learned from IBM and applied since the '90s to favor IE and other MS internet products. With Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8, MS makes it difficult to impossible for users to exercise their right to other browsers, other search, map, social, etc. Apps.When the smoke clears in the EU, reciprocal open interfaces for browsers, search, maps and Apps will apply to Google, Apple, Microsoft and other 'ecosystems'.[/citation]
What are you blabbering about? There's absolutely nothing stopping Google or anyone from releasing their own browser or search app in the W8 store. You can still change your default search provider, you can download apps for these search providers, nothing is stopping a user from using their favorite search provider. There's a map app included by default in W8 but nothing stops you from looking elsewhere (like Google Maps). Facebook, twitter, etc all play a big part in W8 store. There's a ton of apps for social services.

And that's just on the Modern UI, in desktop mode there's absolutely NOTHING that can stop you from doing what you could do in previous OS.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]azraa[/nom]Offtopic here, but:Can someone please tell me how the f*ck is Yahoo is still alive? ._.[/citation]
Email?

neo_moco

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Omg the horror , the drama , google has only 89.9 share . They are going bankrupt. they drioped 2 % ... it is the end. Seriously ?

Regardin yahoo : for example in my country everybody uses yahoo messenger ; i remmember in ~2000 yahoo had free e-mail and messenger and all started using it . Now we have gmail skype etc. but all are on ymessenger and you can`t change cus everybody is on it. Yahoo has like 40 % e-mail use in US so don`t worry ... they won`t die anytime soon.

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
and they know this percentage is how ? :D how the hell they get the number of how many people using google search or others ? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.