[SOLVED] gopro hero 8 black

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
man i thought this was a good camera but they are already on hero 11 black. what the hell? it doesnt seem like that long ago that the 8 came out, now theyre on 11?

Solution
Is there rly an upgrade from 8 to 11? Im trying to buy one as gift. But everything after 7 seems very expenisve yet i dont see much changing in newer models.
A bit wider coverage on 11, 10-bit color, slightly better autofocus and some improvements for touch screen. I personally wouldn't pay 400 for those if I've already had GP8.(honestly, that's not a lot of improvements ngl :D )
Looks like the 8 released 3 years ago. Not that unusual for a company to release a revised product each year. Is there something specific you feel you are missing out on? Just because new versions release doesn’t mean you need or will benefit from them unless you believe the marketing.

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
i've been trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade from the current one i have to the 11 black. stat wise it seems like its worlds better, but im feeling like 400 dollars on a newer camera when i only occasionally use the one i have now might be a poor choice.

Oct 18, 2022
man i thought this was a good camera but they are already on hero 11 black. what the hell? it doesnt seem like that long ago that the 8 came out, now theyre on 11?

i've been trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade from the current one i have to the 11 black. stat wise it seems like its worlds better, but im feeling like 400 dollars on a newer camera when i only occasionally use the one i have now might be a poor choice.

Looks like the 8 released 3 years ago. Not that unusual for a company to release a revised product each year. Is there something specific you feel you are missing out on? Just because new versions release doesn’t mean you need or will benefit from them unless you believe the marketing.

Reminds me of my underwater camera situation. I've got Sealife camera from https://gritroutdoors.com/sealife/ for my Hawaii trip(like 3 years ago). Over those 3 years I got to use it maybe 5 times at best. Now there are models that are twice as powerful compared to one I've got and around same price as my Micro 3 years ago. Should I buy a new one? Probably not since it only has niche use. Are those objectrively better cameras? Hell yeah!
If you only use it occasionally, doubt you would actually "use" those 400$ extra of quality. Rule of thumb is that those upgrades are only worth it if you're juicing 'em up on daily basis. What might happen is you using it less than a dozen of times and then new model comes out that is "worlds better" compared to one you've just got.
And yeah, marketing is a big factor. You might pay extra, but increase in quality not going to be that noticable.

Oct 18, 2022
Is there rly an upgrade from 8 to 11? Im trying to buy one as gift. But everything after 7 seems very expenisve yet i dont see much changing in newer models.
A bit wider coverage on 11, 10-bit color, slightly better autofocus and some improvements for touch screen. I personally wouldn't pay 400 for those if I've already had GP8.(honestly, that's not a lot of improvements ngl :D )

Solution

TRENDING THREADS