News Gordon Moore, Intel Co-Founder and Creator of Moore's Law, Dies at Age 94

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
Wow. Let's take a moment of silence for his grieving family. One human life, but nearly endless contributions and improvements for all of our's quality of life.

newtechldtech

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Moore law actually was a business trick nothing more. They could make more than 2x the transistor count every year at the time but he made that law to profit more noting else and to fill the roadmap for more years to come while they could release the better ones. , and not for the sake of technology advancement .

Mar 25, 2023
Moore law actually was a business trick nothing more. They could make more than 2x the transistor count every year at the time but he made that law to profit more noting else and to fill the roadmap for more years to come while they could release the better ones. , and not for the sake of technology advancement .
I'd say it was brilliant to be able to mesh profitability with measured tech advancement. is everything you do in your life purely altruistic? if so, kudos to you. the rest of us like money. :)

USAFRet

Titan
It was an observation of what was actually happening over time, not a deliberate limiting of technology.

Just like we didn't go directly from a Sopwith Camel to the P-51 to the F-22.

newtechldtech

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
It was an observation of what was actually happening over time, not a deliberate limiting of technology.

Just like we didn't go directly from a Sopwith Camel to the P-51 to the F-22.

not really ... I bet they could do 3x the count had they not followed Moore's ideas ... and naming it a law is wrong as well it should be called "goal" not a "law"

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Never heard of him till now. I don't know much of technology regarding PCs but I can respect those who contribute to the technology and he has done great things. R.I.P