Got $600 to blow, want to cover my small town with wireless....

elementalwindx

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Currently I'm using a hyperlink tech 500mW amp with small omni antenna to blanket my home with wireless, using a intellinet ap w/ mikrotik os router. I have a spare $600 I want to blow and I live in a small town. I want more people in this town to know that my business exists (doing computer repair, wireless network installs, etc).

I want to buy some ubi equipment and blanket as much of this town as I can for $600 (or less). The town has maybe a circumference of 3 miles. My house is two stories, first floor 10ft, 2nd floor 10ft, roof probably another 5ft. Nothing much else is taller than that in this town. No big business buildings at all. I can't even think of any buildings that are more than 2 stories here actually. Trees are taller than everything else haha.

Anyways, how would you guys go about doing such a thing? I was thinking a Rocket M2 (or M5) paired with a AirMax Sector 2g-120-15, doing 2-4 sets of these (one on each corner of my house). I'll be using my mikrotik router for the routing.

Sure there would be some gaps here and there, I would close them together to make that as few as possible.

I honestly suck at math and am having a hard time using these calculators I've found online to trying to figure out what equipment will shoot the signal the furthest. Can someone tell me how far in a clear line of site scenario with nothing interfering, this setup I have described above will go?

elementalwindx

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011

47 views and nobody knows?