Question Got a blotch on a Samsung 27" LED monitor.

tom2u

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
UPDATE: When I turned it on this morning the blotch was gone. So for anyone that gets one of these, try turning it on and off, maybe unplug the AC line as well and experiment with different lengths of time its unplugged.
-----------
Tried rubbing it - no change. Anything else I can do?
2 photos. The mouse cursor is about 1 cm long (large). The blotch is about 1/3 of a centimeter long. Its a grey color.
imgur.com/a/ORwgIbU
View: https://imgur.com/a/ORwgIbU

Last edited:

bencomputerhelp

Prominent
Sep 15, 2020
How did it get there? Is the screen dirty and you are asking for cleaning advice? or did something damage the screen? If it is the first one, then it should come off pretty easily. If the screen isn't flat if you run your finger on it, something probably hit it and you would be out of luck. If the pixels are stuck, you could try any of the methods on the internet to fix it. If they are dead, you would also be out of luck.

tom2u

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I was disassembling it to remount it and there may have been some pressure put on the screen though I thought I was careful about that. Guess not! So how do people unstick pixels? That sounds interesting. As you can see from the photos there is no glare coming from the pixel. Looks like a blotch.