Got a blue screen and PC wont start

N1CH

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
Hi and sorry if this is in the wrong category but i am really lost and i think that this may be the problem. I was playing a game when suddenly my computer froze in a way i havent seen before. Even sound lagged hard too and the only way out was unplugging. After that I turned it on again and i have to say that it took longer than usual but it worked. Later the same thing happened, only that after a few seconds a blue screen appeared saying that there was an error and that my computer was restarting (It happened pretty fast but i remember reading about an error in the file rt640x64.sys). While i started to look up what the error was on my phone i waited for my computer to restart, only for it to never happen. I tried restarting several times and unplugging but neither of my monitors, keyboard or mouse get any signal. The fans and leds on the motherboard do work. I dont really know what to try or do since i can not even access the BIOS. I should add that I have been using my Ryzen 3 1200 CPU overclocked as well as my ram for more than 4 months with no problems at all (when I OCed i made sure to check for any issues with many programs and everything worked perfectly) but I can only think that somehow this is causing the problem.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
RAM: 8gb (1x8gb)
GPU: Radeon HD 6670 (im hoping that if it is a hardware issue its the graphics card because i was already intending to change it and almost everything el se I bought recently)
MOBO: MSI B350 Mate
HDD: WD blue 500gb
Monitors: 1 through HDMI other through VGA

Sorry for causing any trouble and thanks for answering!

Solution
I have been using my Ryzen 3 1200 CPU overclocked as well as my ram for more than 4 months with no problems at all (when I OCed i made sure to check for any issues with many programs and everything worked perfectly) but I can only think that somehow this is causing the problem.
If it's a OC problem, this might fix it.
1. Turn the PSU off (0). Unplug the cable
2. Press case power button 5 times.
3. Keep it pressed for 30 seconds.
4. Take out CMOS. Wait 1-2 minutes.
5. Put CMOS back.
6. Turn the PSU on. (1)
7. Turn the PC on
8. Adjust BIOS.
--------------------------
If that doesn't work, take out the HD 6670. Use the the iGPU port. (near USB ports)

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
I have been using my Ryzen 3 1200 CPU overclocked as well as my ram for more than 4 months with no problems at all (when I OCed i made sure to check for any issues with many programs and everything worked perfectly) but I can only think that somehow this is causing the problem.
If it's a OC problem, this might fix it.
1. Turn the PSU off (0). Unplug the cable
2. Press case power button 5 times.
3. Keep it pressed for 30 seconds.
4. Take out CMOS. Wait 1-2 minutes.
5. Put CMOS back.
6. Turn the PSU on. (1)
7. Turn the PC on
8. Adjust BIOS.
--------------------------
If that doesn't work, take out the HD 6670. Use the the iGPU port. (near USB ports)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS