[SOLVED] Got a blue screen on my desktop computer, now it won't turn on properly (no video signal)

Jun 28, 2020
I was watching hbo on firefox and then suddenly had a blue screen. When the computer restarted again, it got to the widows loading screen(where you see your windows profile picture and loading icon) and then a new blue screen. This happened 3 or 4 times. At last it went into "repair mode" where you can diagnose and stuff. I didn't manage to select any option, because a new blue screen occured. Tried to restart couple more times but the same result. I gave up. I turned the computer on the next day - all the LEDs and fans was powered on, but there was no video signal (this is the computers current state). And I should mention that the fans on the video card will stop spinning after a short while, after the computer is turned on. I have tried to spam F1-F12 and Del during startup, tested both video card slots, disconnecting all drives except the one with windows installed, tried another PSU(500W), removing the motherboard-battery and leaving it out for 30 minutes(with the power cord unplugged ofc), then power the computer on without the battery, and then with it installed again + disconnecting all unnecessary usb-devices and such. I recently installed a 2nd SSD, this was one week before this incident, and the computer worked fine up until this point. Unfortunately I didn't get the specific error code displayed during the first blue screen. The computer is approximately 5 years old. List of my specs in the bottom. Any thoughts?

Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
CPU: Intel core i7-6700k "Skylake"
RAM: 2x HyperX 8GB DDR4
PSU: Corsair VS 550
HDD: Seagate 3T
SSD: 1x Corsair Force LE 250GB + 1x WD Blue 500GB

Last edited:
Solution
So basically you Have 2 power Supply's?
The one you HAD installed before and the one you have currently have installed now.
Use your Old Power Supply again and Remove ALL RAM sticks again and Power on your PC...If you still don't hear beeping Noises coming from the Bios Buzz Speaker i would say you need to replace your CPU and see if that works.
If not you need a New Mobo unfortunately.

Bassplate

Reputable
I was watching hbo on firefox and then suddenly had a blue screen. When the computer restarted again, it got to the widows loading screen(where you see your windows profile picture and loading icon) and then a new blue screen. This happened 3 or 4 times. At last it went into "repair mode" where you can diagnose and stuff. I didn't manage to select any option, because a new blue screen occured. Tried to restart couple more times but the same result. I gave up. I turned the computer on the next day - all the LEDs and fans was powered on, but there was no video signal (this is the computers current state). And I should mention that the fans on the video card will stop spinning after a short while, after the computer is turned on. I have tried to spam F1-F12 and Del during startup, tested both video card slots, disconnecting all drives except the one with windows installed, tried another PSU(500W), removing the motherboard-battery and leaving it out for 30 minutes(with the power cord unplugged ofc), then power the computer on without the battery, and then with it installed again + disconnecting all unnecessary usb-devices and such. I recently installed a 2nd SSD, this was one week before this incident, and the computer worked fine up until this point. Unfortunately I didn't get the specific error code displayed during the first blue screen. The computer is approximately 5 years old. List of my specs in the bottom. Any thoughts?

Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
CPU: Intel core i7-9700k "Skylake"
RAM: 2x HyperX 8GB DDR4
PSU: Corsair VS 550
HDD: Seagate 3T
SSD: 1x Corsair Force LE 250GB + 1x WD Blue 500GB
Double check all power connections to the motherboard.(CPU power 12V 8Pin Power Plug...And main motherboard Power plug...Check if they are well seated.)
Well first i would suggest you remove the graphics card and connect to your integrated graphics (Onboard screen connect)just to see if it powers on and if it boots into windows without the GPU connected.
IF that's not the case try Running your Computer only using one RAM stick per time and per slot and see if there are any difference to the problem your Facing. :benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton:

Jun 28, 2020
Double check all power connections to the motherboard.(CPU power 12V 8Pin Power Plug...And main motherboard Power plug...Check if they are well seated.)
Well first i would suggest you remove the graphics card and connect to your integrated graphics (Onboard screen connect)just to see if it powers on and if it boots into windows without the GPU connected.
IF that's not the case try Running your Computer only using one RAM stick per time and per slot and see if there are any difference to the problem your Facing. :benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton:
Now I've tried all of this - without the gpu installed(and the dvi cable connected directly to the motherboard) the computer will start but then turn off couple of seconds after I start it and it will try to reboot itself(and repeat the process. Had no luck with booting with only one ram stick installed either - I tried all 4 slots using both ram sticks. I've noticed that the dram led indicator lights up during startup, but goes out after a couple of seconds. But this is probably normal?

Bassplate

Reputable
Are you absolutely sure that the other PSU you tried is in working order ?
I think the same thing...This is definitely an power issue because without the GPU and RAM it still doesn't POST.So this is maybe an Power Supply issue or CPU that's causing the computer in a restart/shutdown loop...Maybe borrow a Friends CPU And see if the problem has been solved.

Bassplate

Reputable
The one you HAD installed before and the one you have currently have installed now.
Use your Old Power Supply again and Remove ALL RAM sticks again and Power on your PC...If you still don't hear beeping Noises coming from the Bios Buzz Speaker i would say you need to replace your CPU and see if that works.

Solution
Jun 28, 2020
It's still shutting down and rebooting in in a never-ending cycle.. I'm gonna deliver the computer at a workshop later to diagnose it. I will let you know what the problem is.

Reactions: Bassplate
Jun 28, 2020
Thank you bro and Good Luck!
Keep me Updated on the Problem please :benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton:
You were right bro - the CPU is busted. The guys at the workshop put in an old i3 in the computer, and it booted into windows straight away. I might get it replaced for free because of the warranty. Thanku for the replies and have a good one!

Reactions: Bassplate

Bassplate

Reputable
You were right bro - the CPU is busted. The guys at the workshop put in an old i3 in the computer, and it booted into windows straight away. I might get it replaced for free because of the warranty. Thanku for the replies and have a good one!
Anytime bro::)
I'm glad you managed to get to the situation::)
If your thread has been solve please don't forget to mark it as solved with the best awnser::)
Stay Safe and God bless!!

Last edited: