Got a bsod, now my Display port monitor doesn't show anything. What could be the faulty?

Feb 6, 2019
I have a GTX 1050 for a year and a half, and i have 2 monitors connected to it:

A 17' IBM VGA-DP and an LG 18' VGA-HDMI(both old but work perfectly.) About 20 minutes ago, my computer went crazy, both monitors blinked a few times, then got a blue screen: video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys. And now, my monitor with DP don't display anything. I'm scared, since i don't know if the adapter or the port on my card failed. Anyone who knows, please help.

What is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE?
TDR stands for Timeout, Detection, and Recovery components in Windows. It’s supposed to be there to help stop BSODs by resetting the GPU and/or driver when there is an issue of long delay. So this resetting might have caused the monitor disappearance. But the culprit is always a malfanctioning GPU or driver.

You’ll need to be logged into Windows on the problem computer to try any of these solutions. If you can’t log into Windows, power on and off your PC 3 times to perform a hard reboot and restart it in Safe Mode, then try these solutions.

1: Clean re-install NVIDIA graphics driver
Corrupted graphics card driver could be the cause of a Video_TDR_Failure blue screen problem. You can try reinstalling your NVIDIA graphics driver to fix it:

1) Download and install Display Driver Uninstaller. Run it when the install finishes.

2) You can select Safe Mode (Recommended) or Safe Mode with Networking if you prefer, and we’ll go with Normal mode here. When you’re done with the selecting, click Launch.

img_5adadfc7690d5.png

3) Click Clean and Restart (Highly recommended).

img_5adae201bc8d7.jpg

4) Your computer will restart automatically once your display card driver is uninstalled.

5)Your computer will check for available display driver update for you automatically. Just wait with patience for it to finish. If it doesn't do it automatically, you can go to NVIDIA website and download and install drivers manually.

Feb 6, 2019

Did all that, and it worked for a while, then it crashed again. Now, with only 1 monitor, it's stable though.