[SOLVED] Got a Dell Windows 7 Professional at an estate sale but cannot change password

Jun 13, 2020
The lady I bought it from said it was her granddaughters and gave me all the disks and manuals and said the password was written inside the warranty booklet but the password I found is wrong. I dont have a PC, how do I change the password? Or did I waste my money??

Solution
Well to be on the safe side anyway, Just install a fresh copy of windows and wipe the drives. The password will then be gone and you will also be sure you are not affected by any virus , ransomware or spyware of any kind.
Jun 12, 2020
Well to be on the safe side anyway, Just install a fresh copy of windows and wipe the drives. The password will then be gone and you will also be sure you are not affected by any virus , ransomware or spyware of any kind.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
I'm not quite sure I understand the story -- how is a password for software wrong if you don't have a PC on which to run the software and enter the password? But either way, the only way you didn't waste your money would be if you bought the Dell PC that this Windows license was valid for.