Got a Fatal Exception in VDX Wsock2 when booting up.

It said press any key to continue. This didn't help. I pressed the reset button, scandisk
ran and the computer booted after that. What could cause this and what should I do about
it? The POST test was okay after I hit the reset button. I didn't see what happened when I
turned the computer on, I only saw the blue screen and exception message. I forgot to turn
the monitor on when I started the computer, then when I turned it on I saw the blue
screen. That couldn't have anything to do with it could it?

The computer is an XPS D300. It's running Windows 95b. I installed Winsock2 one and a half
years ago and haven't had any problems until now with it, if that's what the exception was
about. I haven't installed any new software for a while.

Thank you.

fOn Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:34:11 GMT, DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

>It said press any key to continue. This didn't help. I pressed the reset button, scandisk
>ran and the computer booted after that. What could cause this and what should I do about
>it? The POST test was okay after I hit the reset button. I didn't see what happened when I
>turned the computer on, I only saw the blue screen and exception message. I forgot to turn
>the monitor on when I started the computer, then when I turned it on I saw the blue
>screen. That couldn't have anything to do with it could it?
>
>The computer is an XPS D300. It's running Windows 95b. I installed Winsock2 one and a half
>years ago and haven't had any problems until now with it, if that's what the exception was
>about. I haven't installed any new software for a while.

I just remembered I installed Eudora 6.0.3.0 a few weeks ago.