Mar 10, 2019
Hello!

I recently bought a 1070 for the Division 2, currently my build is:

i5 3570k
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
(I am not sure what my MOBO is)
SSD 256G
1440p Monitor 28' 75hz

I am wondering what CPU to get in order to get the most out of my current GPU, something reasonable and not too high end?

Further would I have to upgrade my MOBO as well or does it depend on the MOBO?
Would it be better to invest on DDR4 Ram as well or is that not necessary?

My end goal is to be able to run The Division 2 on a high setting with a consistent 60fps or 75fps. Would that be possible with my current GPU?

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to this thread :)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You easily meet the system requirements for the Division 2 with a GTX1070 and that system.

Not really anything worth upgrading. i5-3570k could be replaced with an i7-3770k, and that is about it. Would be a minor performance improvement. You could add 8GB of ram if there is room, that would help some games, but not most.

Anything further would mean a complete core replacement. CPU/Motherboard/Ram (possibly OS)

DDR3 boards/CPU don't support DDR4. There is a little overlap in that that newer Intel systems still support DDR3L on specific DDR3 motherboards, but those are mostly phased out on any model you should consider buying. AMD's Ryzen is DDR4 only.

Comes down to what you have to spend.

I would personally like to know which motherboard is it (You can check it via CPUZ on motherboard tab) or via looking for model number in case.
I would rather overclock that CPU than buying an i7, soo buying an suitable cooler for it to overclock.
And also I would upgrade ram to 16GB's.
From my perspective.

Mar 10, 2019
I would personally like to know which motherboard is it (You can check it via CPUZ on motherboard tab) or via looking for model number in case.
I would rather overclock that CPU than buying an i7, soo buying an suitable cooler for it to overclock.
And also I would upgrade ram to 16GB's.
From my perspective.

I will post it when I get home tonight!
Is there a tutorial or video you can recommend to check out? I would like to try overclocking :)