[SOLVED] got a new graphics card Do I hav to delete old gpu ' driver before installling New?

Sep 2, 2020
Got a 1070 in it thats broken, and Are borowing, a rtx 2070, i know i hav to delete the old driver, after booting it up on the New one. But how do I do that.. Thanks

Solution
Yes you need to use DDU in safe mode to completely remove all drivers then put new card in and install all the new drivers for the gpu. If you do put new card in with the same drivers could caruse performance issues
Sep 2, 2020
Yeah you can put new one in and then download DDU and go into safe mode remove the drivers and install it new again or you can use onboard grapthic if you have intel cpu that can do it!
I hav a ryzen 2700x, when its alle uninstalled, can i then just downloade geforce expicein and update?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
You don't need to uninstall drivers.

Its nvidia to nvidia.

Just reinstall the drivers over the top of the old ones.
Yes, its not a AMD to nVidia or vice versa and usually people toss in the new card and don't even install drivers as they had drivers installed before hand on older card. I do and people as well say run DDU because we want to be 100 percent your not going to come back and say you have issues or things are slow etc. I would personally use DDU going from a 1070 to a 2060 as it is sorta commen sense ya know. However if you have the latest nVidia drivers installed on that system just yank out card put in new one you wouldn't usually need to do anything and your set to go. 💯👩‍🦲✝🤷‍♂️🙈

Reactions: Gur0
Sep 2, 2020
Yes, its not a AMD to nVidia or vice versa and usually people toss in the new card and don't even install drivers as they had drivers installed before hand on older card. I do and people as well say run DDU because we want to be 100 percent your not going to come back and say you have issues or things are slow etc. I would personally use DDU going from a 1070 to a 2060 as it is sorta commen sense ya know. However if you have the latest nVidia drivers installed on that system just yank out card put in new one you wouldn't usually need to do anything and your set to go. 💯👩‍🦲✝🤷‍♂️🙈
Well i allways update it, and its been 2 weeks, sins i last turned it on cuz im getting the card tomorow, but I hav also seen that u can go into apps, and delte Them, 1 by 1, whit restarts', then go in on nevidia, and down lates geforce 😊🤙🤞🤞

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Well i allways update it, and its been 2 weeks, sins i last turned it on cuz im getting the card tomorow, but I hav also seen that u can go into apps, and delte Them, 1 by 1, whit restarts', then go in on nevidia, and down lates geforce 😊🤙🤞🤞
Yes your fine just yank it out and put her in and you will be fine. I only run DDU if the roofs collapses and things are jacked up other then that just driver installs on top of others once a month is fine.🏝🐦🎗