Got a new Laptop, how to optimize it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emelth

Distinguished
Alright, so I got a new ASUS ROG G751JT-DH72

Specs are:
i7 4710HQ
GTX 970M 3GB
1TB HDD & 256GN SSD
16 GB RAM

I've added majority of my programs, updated to Windows 10. One thing I noticed weird is that HDD & SSD setup.

It shows it as:

C: as the OS (94.9 GB) [mostly been installing all my programs on this drive for now]
D: Data (130 GB)
E: Data1 (465 GB)
F: Data2 (465 GB)

I've never seen a setup like that before which to me means I have 2 HDDs and 2 SSDs, or is it setup like that purposely? Is there a better way to manage everything I download so it doesnt automatically go to the SSDs (music, photos, videos, etc)

Also what is a good program to remove all the bloatware, heard about one not too long ago just cant remember where I saw it.

Also downloaded Avira and Malwarebytes for protection, previously I used AVG and CC Cleaner on my old laptop. Wanted to switch it up because they had better reviews this year. Any other programs I should use on top of the first two?

Last I was aware of we should NEVER defrag the SSDs and just want to make sure I place everything properly. I also need to make a back up on my 5TB external HDD since this one from newegg didnt come with a CD.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. I've stepped out from the PC for a could years but now I'm back to pick up on some new tips and tricks!

rayzaldy

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2015
I had a new lenovo laptop once and it filled with hella lot of bloatware. I wipe the disk and it still there after i install windows. If you had a new laptop you should just wipe the hard drive first and then reinstall the windows.

Emelth

Distinguished

I should but again with the way these HDDs and SSDs are setup, and me not keeping up with the latest and greatest I would need instructions on how to reroute everything properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.