Question Got a weird issue

May 26, 2022
Specs:
MB Gigabyte B550 ac pro, CPU Ryzen 9 3900x, GC 2080TI, 64gb ram, 2tb SSD Main with a 8tb standard as a secondary , OS Win11

Been gaming with this rig for a few years with no issue until now. The issue is while gaming. The screen will freeze for about 10 seconds then returns. Now the weird part is the freezing. The game itself doesn't freeze its the display on screen. For example on Apex Legends it always does it as soon as the character select screen loads up. But when the game returns I'm all of sudden picked with a random character dropping down to the map.

Another weird issue is when i play any game through MS client.(Forza, Flight sim etc) The screen will go blank mid game an freezes permanently (not even task manager will work). Same with games through Uplay. (AC Val, RB6, Farcry)

Im running dual monitors. When either of the issues happens it temporarily spikes causes heavy stuttering on my second monitor. Heavy to point where streaming videos on the second monitor playing will actually buffer or just straight up freezes temporarily. While the primary monitor stays frozen on a blank screen. Even though primary screen is blank an frozen I can still navigate my secondary monitor.

Other than building this rig im a super noob when it comes narrowing down issues.

I tried updating drivers, clean install of nvidia gforce, clean install of windows all the way down to wiping both hd's clean. Same issue applies.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

May 26, 2022
This could be a power issue.
What exact PSU do you have?
You could run HWInfo (free) while playing a game, and then check voltages in HWInfo for any dips or spikes. While youre at, you can also see temperatures
psu is Corsair , RM 750W CP-9020055-NA... I did have that psu for a while from an earlier build (2015).. I will give that HWInfo a look to see if i see something crazy

TRENDING THREADS