Question Got an issue where i can only play high end game if i set my power limit to 60%

Nov 3, 2021
Got an issue when i am playing a gpu heavy game the games crash after 5-10 min i found a fix.
The fix is to set my power limit to 60-65% useing msiafterburner.
I got a 750w and a rtx 3060 ti (lhr) .
Is this an issue with my psu or gpu?

jasonf2

Distinguished
The thermals won't become an issue until around 85-90. Crash typically happens at 90+. A 750 watt psu should be more than adequate for anything in the 3000 series, with a maybe on the 3090. Your PSU is pretty decent with solid reviews so nothing blatant there.

Are you watching the thermals with the normal clocks set in afterburner while playing the game?

Nov 3, 2021
The thermals won't become an issue until around 85-90. Crash typically happens at 90+. A 750 watt psu should be more than adequate for anything in the 3000 series, with a maybe on the 3090. Your PSU is pretty decent with solid reviews so nothing blatant there.

Are you watching the thermals with the normal clocks set in afterburner while playing the game?
Ya i use msi afterburner burner i use that osd thing that some me the temp and performance while i am gaming

Nov 3, 2021
Ya i use msi afterburner burner i use that osd thing that some me the temp and performance while i am gaming
I did think it was my gpu but i ran a few test and it passed i also tested my ram sticks individually and also ran a test on my ssd all passed so i am thinking the psu might be faulty