Question Got blood on motherboard

Ryan_lever

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
Hello,
A couple days ago I cut my finger taking out a bad ram stick. Before I noticed several globs of blood fell on my board.one big glob was in between my ram slots and the other was on the front of the board. Luckily the glob never fell in the actual slot.Brought it to a pc guy I know and he got off what he could. The computer turned on after he cleaned it. He seems to think it will be fine but I'm not convinced. I get the new memory put In on Monday. Can blood cause any serious issues if any is missed. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I paid alot for this computer.

Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
If you're very concerned about the blood on the board, you could place the board in an ultrasonic cleaner and call it a day. I wouldn't invest in an ultrasonic cleaner instead look for someone who offers the service.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I paid alot for this computer.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
... comes to mind.

Ryan_lever

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
If you're very concerned about the blood on the board, you could place the board in an ultrasonic cleaner and call it a day. I wouldn't invest in an ultrasonic cleaner instead look for someone who offers the service.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I paid alot for this computer.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
... comes to mind.
Ok it's probably good it turned on and never broke then. I've seen different stuff about blood on a motherboard. Ya it does make me paranoid. I guess I'll see Monday when the new ram is put in and it's tested. Was a stupid mistake.

Ralston18

Titan
Blood is essentially saltwater and if the PC turned on and worked normally then leave well enough alone.

= = = =

That said, before the new RAM is put in be sure to check the applicable motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM be placed in a specific slot.

Commonly DIMMA2.

There are often other RAM details that must be correct as well.

Confirm that the new RAM is indeed supported, properly installed, and configured accordingly.

Otherwise you may end up chasing problems that are really not related to the blood accident.

Ryan_lever

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
Blood is essentially saltwater and if the PC turned on and worked normally then leave well enough alone.

= = = =

That said, before the new RAM is put in be sure to check the applicable motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM be placed in a specific slot.

Commonly DIMMA2.

There are often other RAM details that must be correct as well.

Confirm that the new RAM is indeed supported, properly installed, and configured accordingly.

Otherwise you may end up chasing problems that are really not related to the blood accident.
Ok my computer is at a shop anyways. He knows what he is doing.