[SOLVED] Got brand new Gigabyte 6700XT Eagle, all good but Cyberpunk.... crashes when RT is on :(

Aug 5, 2021
So... here is the story:

I got here a computer:
Ryzen 3600
Viper 2x8GB 3200 DDR
2 x SSD + HDD
Asus x470f motherboard with latest bios
Windows 11 latest update
Antec 750w PSU

And the brand new Gigabyte Radeon 6700XT Eagle
Previously had GTX 1060.

Got 6700 XT Eagle version, and while any game works and won't crash with and without RT, cyberpunk crashes right away or after some time IF... RT is enabled and it has one more issue ONLY cyberpunk, if I enable very low level of CAS + RT + Blur Motion, the gun has white/yellow sparkles or yellowish shadow at movement. I read online Cyberpunk causes lots of headache for people with RT enabled, any ideas/solutions how to fix those issues with cyberpunk for one who has 6700 XT card?

Note: DDU/Re-install and attempt to use older drivers, didn't help for Cyberpunk. I almost start to think I will have to play Cyberpunk without RT, which works pretty incredible then, but still I really wanted to see the game in the full shine.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIII2-VwJ8g&pp=sAQA
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLvzKn4GNU&pp=sAQA

Any help? ideas?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021
Note:
  1. NewEgg support says "we cant help you, you are not from USA and we dont work with Georgia, talk to Gigabyte"
  2. Gigabyte, any option to contact support on their website goes to some strange ASP errors.....

Is your friends PC also running windows 11?

Keep in mind that Windows 11 is still a alpha/beta product and as long as you are running it there is no definitive way of knowing that it isn't causing or contributing to your issue.

My advice: install Windows 10, save Windows 11 for later when the official release happens

Aug 5, 2021
Is your friends PC also running windows 11?

Keep in mind that Windows 11 is still a alpha/beta product and as long as you are running it there is no definitive way of knowing that it isn't causing or contributing to your issue.

My advice: install Windows 10, save Windows 11 for later when the official release happens

His is Windows 10... which is why windows 11 as source of the issue not really possible in my head :/

Note:
  1. NewEgg support says "we cant help you, you are not from USA and we dont work with Georgia, talk to Gigabyte"
  2. Gigabyte, any option to contact support on their website goes to some strange ASP errors.....
That website seems a bit wonky right now, I would google their support email address.

As for CyberPunk 2077, is this a genuine version? If so update and patch it as much as you can, How does the game work without ray tracing?

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
I think that your system is fine, the issue is likely caused by Cyberprank junky optimization.

Anyways, the huge performance hit you get with RT especially on AMD cards is not worth it imo.

Aug 5, 2021
I think that your system is fine, the issue is likely caused by Cyberprank junky optimization.

Anyways, the huge performance hit you get with RT especially on AMD cards is not worth it imo.

RT you mention, when UE5 comes out in full shine, isnt its RT gonna be fast on AMD too? unlike current RT from Nvidia?

Aug 5, 2021
That website seems a bit wonky right now, I would google their support email address.

As for CyberPunk 2077, is this a genuine version? If so update and patch it as much as you can, How does the game work without ray tracing?

Legit, updated game from Steam.
Without RT enabled, works as good smooth wine.

you do not want ray tracing enabled with that card anyway.
70+fps disabled / ~25fps enabled @ 3440x1440.
and that's with a nice version of that card and an aggressive overclock.

do you actually have the original invoice for this second hand card?
without it you will get no support from retailer or manufacturer.
and have you also verified that it hasn't already been registered for warranty by the original owner?

Aug 5, 2021
you do not want ray tracing enabled with that card anyway.
70+fps disabled / ~25fps enabled @ 3440x1440.
and that's with a nice version of that card and an aggressive overclock.

do you actually have the original invoice for this second hand card?
without it you will get no support from retailer or manufacturer.
and have you also verified that it hasn't already been registered for warranty by the original owner?

Hey,

Well RT for now indeed weak on 6700xt until the next tweaks/FSR comes from AMD into the games. Sure indeed.

I got the NewEgg invoice from the seller, yes.
I doubt he registered anything with Gigabyte....
NewEgg said:
  1. For support from NewEgg I need the 2nd hand seller contact them and confirm he want the card warrantied, but even then, most probably they might not help since they dont support Georgia (Tbilisi).
  2. OR - - I can work directly with Gigabyte support, but Gigabyte support portall all broken, all goes to ASP.NET errors :(
  3. Someone in AMD forums bought 6800XT he had 700W PSU, anytime he turned on RT in CP2077 ... crashed, he changed to new 850W PSU and no more crash, not even one.... so in my case either PSU or RAM not 100% perfect for the card, I guess. However, anything else works, no crashes, CP2077 I can run for 2 hours while I walk outside, come back, NO crash - as long as RT is off.

Thoughts?

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
RT you mention, when UE5 comes out in full shine, isnt its RT gonna be fast on AMD too? unlike current RT from Nvidia?
Every studio has its own engine, CP77 uses Red engine, and UE5 won't make any difference.

A piece of advice, don't expect much from AMD ray tracing, enjoy the game as it is still gorgeous even without RT.

Aug 5, 2021
I checked with a trusted computer service center, seems as its just combination of the card with the cyberpunk game making this issue, as no other game with or without RT doing any crashes, so I guess no cyberpunk RT but cyberpunk without RT is what I get :)