[SOLVED] got caught in a power failure while Windows was updating

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Hi, this is only a minor question, and there's actually not much of a problem.

last week at about 11 pm, On one of my pc. Windows 10 was in the middle of updating + restarting the pc. At around 30%, there was a power failure. Electricity went out of the house, maybe due to heavy rainy weather outside (there is no lightning, so I felt safe to still use the pc). Literally thought the pc was doomed, because getting caught during the process of updating was usually fatal in the past. While there was no electricty in the house, I turned off the switch and unplugged the pc.

the following morning, was expecting a BSOD or some other error when I turned on the pc. But by some miracle the pc just proceeded to update itself, and went to desktop.
now, the pc has been working fine for days.

is there something I should do like run a chkdsk to see if everything is really ok? Or is it fine to leave things as is. No errors so far, and it's been almost a week.

Solution
is there something I should do like run a chkdsk to see if everything is really ok? Or is it fine to leave things as is
you may want to run an SFC scan to ensure nothing ended up corrupted but it may not be necessary.
it's possible that the update wasn't even involved in changing or adding any files when it occurred.

as long as the update from that particular day shows that it installed with no errors included then you should be fine.
Settings > Update & Security > View update history
is there something I should do like run a chkdsk to see if everything is really ok? Or is it fine to leave things as is
you may want to run an SFC scan to ensure nothing ended up corrupted but it may not be necessary.
it's possible that the update wasn't even involved in changing or adding any files when it occurred.

as long as the update from that particular day shows that it installed with no errors included then you should be fine.
Settings > Update & Security > View update history

Reactions: Tac 25
Solution