Question Got MSI-B550-a pro and getting slightly higher latency in games now

peanutmanak47

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
So I recently upgrade my CPU(5600x) and MOBO(MSI-B550-a pro) and now in games I'm noticing my latency in games is about 15-20ms higher. My friends have had this issue with various motherboards but said it's usually some specific setting towards the NIC card, usually with QOS settings.
I've looked and can't find anything obvious and my network knowledge with this stuff isn't up to speed enough to where I want to be messing with settings.
Anyone run into this issue before and have a way to fix this?

I've upgraded the drivers for the LAN controller, but no luck

Also have a second computer and on there the latency is as it should be for BFV.

Lan controller is "Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller.

Lutfij

Titan
What did you upgrade from? Did you reinstall the OS on your platform with the latest bootable USB installer created using Windows Media Creation Tools? If not, that's the issue. Before you reinstall the OS, make sure you're on the latest BISO version for your motherboard.

peanutmanak47

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
I upgraded from an Intel 7600k. I did go ahead and reinstall windows after I posted the initial issue but no luck with the ping going back to normal. I did use the latest installer from WMCT. Going to upgrade BIOS now.