Question got new router Huawei LTE CPE B2368-66 losing wired connection.

Nov 21, 2022
So i got a new huawei LTE CPE B2368-66 router and i got a problem with it. So when i use my pc normally like using a browser or something everything is fine. But when i start playing games i start losing wired internet connection randomly . Sometimes i happens a lot and sometimes it's just fine. i have no clue what's causing my pc to lose internet connection while gaming. On that note my little brother doesn't have any problems with gaming. I don't know why i lose connection and he doesn't. PLEASE HELP

I guess it depends on why you think your are losing the "wired" internet connection. I assume you mean you have a ethernet cable between the router and your pc.

Can you tell if the ethernet cable itself is actually going down. Do you see a disconnect icon. If you look in the event viewer does it show a error on the port.

To test this open a CMD window and leave a constant ping run to the router IP address. When the game has issue check this window and see if you are getting packet loss.

In general if the ethernet port goes down or you get packet loss it tends to be a bad ethernet cable. There are massive amounts of fake cable sold and it has all kinds of strange issues. You want a cable that is pure copper (no cca) and has wire size 22-24 (none of the flat or thin cable). It only has to be cat5e to get full gigabit speed, other numbers will not run better so only buy them if you can get them cheaper than cat5e.

Nov 21, 2022
Well right now i am playing warzone 2.0 and it just closes the game and i cant reconnect or anything so it very annoying. But i have a ethernet cable connected to my router. In the middle of my game i lose connection and it it says lost connection to steam and when i check my pc it shows the no connection icon. but the problem started with the new router with the old one i didnt have no losing connection problems. Im going to try the constant ping and maybe a different ethernet cable.

Mostly what is key to figure out is the internet connection itself going down or is it say a cable or maybe some software in the pc. It takes some testing to find it, you can't tell the difference just with a game. It will get the same error no matter why it can't get to the server.

Nov 21, 2022
I am playing warzone while i have the constant ping going. Right now i have had no connection lost. Idk if im pinging the right ip. right now i have my ipv4 or shoild i have the routers ip pinged?

You need to ping the router IP.

Do ipconfig /all. The gateway is the router ip.

Note if this is good when the game fails you can then try to ping say 8.8.8.8. Problem is that just show the internet is going down and when you are using mobile broadband it is very hard to fix because it can be random interference.

Nov 21, 2022
So i think i have found the source of my problem but i don't know how to test it and fix it. My main suspicion is my little brother who uses a wired cable as well. But like i said he doesn't have the problem of losing connection with the router. But i think he is the reason that im losing my connection with the router. When we both play games i lose connection. it happened again many times. When he is at school everything is fine but when he gets home and start playing on his computer it does something and i start losing connection.

Nov 21, 2022
And i have been using the ping command and at first i thought using the command fixed it. I could play without losing my internet connection. But now it's back.
image.png

It is not uncommon for some game that you have issue running 2 machines playing the same game to have issues. All depends on the game.

If it is a more general issue like you can't even run say a web browser then I would suspect a duplicate IP address. Best if both machines use DHCP for the network settings and the router should prevent duplicates. You can check the ip used on both machines with the ipconfig /all command.

Nov 21, 2022
It is not uncommon for some game that you have issue running 2 machines playing the same game to have issues. All depends on the game.

If it is a more general issue like you can't even run say a web browser then I would suspect a duplicate IP address. Best if both machines use DHCP for the network settings and the router should prevent duplicates. You can check the ip used on both machines with the ipconfig /all command.

No we don't play the same games. But i checked the ipv4 and they are not the same, the last numbers were different. So i don't know. The problem has been happening from the beginning when we got the new router. My mom said she as well loses wifi connection with her laptop .