May 2, 2021
So as the title says, I purchased a "universal" external GPU housing on amazon. What they actually sent me was a RAZER CORE X eGPU housing. Which is only compatible with Select razer and MAC laptops, hardly universal. So here's my question. Is this still usable on an ASUS ROG ZEPHYRUS M15. I double checked the specs to make sure it had Thunderbolt 3 support which it does. But after connecting it via TB3, deleting the drivers and reinstalling all drivers, attempting to load using BIOS, downloading TB3 driver software. And watching just about every <<Edited by moderator>> video on youtube relating to running this thing I can't get it too work. I just want to make absolutely certain I'm not missing something vital, before I go through the overly convoluted return and refund process over at scamazon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Words such as "compatible with", "universal", "fits all", etc. are automatic warning flags in my mind.

What specific "universal external GPU housing" did you purchase? Amazon direct or sourced out?

The product you received may be incompatible (details matter), defective, counterfeit, or otherwise just wrong.

Or more simply (per Occam's Razor) just broken to begin with.

RMA as soon as possible.