[SOLVED] Got screwed by Amazon UK. Need some good advice right now.

Aug 31, 2019
The issue that I have experienced was: I was initially shipped a graphics card, sold to me as NEW. On arrival it had clearly had a previous owner.

From this graphics card, the actual graphics chip (main processor from the card) had been removed, and the previous owner (bare in mind it’s meant to be new) had removed this chip (using soldering) and then haphazardly glued the card back together in order to deceive amazon, without replacing the screws. It immediately fell apart into two parts in my hands when I opened the box and held it (the heatsink detached from the PCB). Some tacky glue fell out that the fraudster had used to stick the two halves together, as I assume the screws were no longer replaceable.

I immediately photographed the whole incident. It is strange that they accuse me of such damage, when the fraudsters gluey fingerprints are actually all over the item, and such a job would require industrial equipment, far beyond my capability.
I did not ask for a replacement, instead a refund. They sent a replacement. I immediately returned the replacement. Amazon now refuses to refund me for both stating that I must have done this to the product, despite it arriving broken. They are now going to charge me £1200. I unfortunately now have no product, and Amazon have taken my initial £1200 in exchange for nothing.
This is ridiculous.
This meant that I am now £1200 out of pocket, and now Amazon are going to charge me a further £1200.

They’ve taken my money in exchange for nothing. I’ve raised the issue with them several times and they won’t give me a refund. What the hell do I do... they’ve now even suspended my account so I’m basically screwed.

I did take pics upon arrival so there’s that. But they don’t seem to care.

Solution
As Wolfshadow says, get your bank to issue a chargeback using your photos as evidence. Amazon, at no point, get to keep your money without incontrovertible proof that you caused that damage. You are absolutely, legally, entitled to a refund in this case.
As Wolfshadow says, get your bank to issue a chargeback using your photos as evidence. Amazon, at no point, get to keep your money without incontrovertible proof that you caused that damage. You are absolutely, legally, entitled to a refund in this case.

Solution