Got screwed by Gigabyte when RMAing my 7970

Tree Fiddy

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
They refused to fix my GPU because the PCB was damaged. I am 100% sure that no such damage was on the card before I sent it over to them, and I have had the card for a month before sending it.
After Newegg screwed me over, and now Gigabyte, I have no idea what to do now. They are sending me the card in a much worse condition than it was before and the warranty is now void.

Reason for RMA: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1775267/gigabyte-radeon-7970-display-crashes-computer-freezes-exiting-game.html

Tree Fiddy

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

This card's voltage is locked, as far as I know. And no, never overclocked it, but I have underclocked it to see if it made a difference but with no success

Tree Fiddy

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

They sent me a few pictures trying to show me that it was warped, scratched and chipped. I honestly can't see any serious warp in the picture, and the scratch is not very visible in the picture at least. However, they sent a picture of the corner of the PCB, and I'm not sure if it's chipped, dented or whatever, but it looks really bad. I refuse to believe that shipping caused such serious damage, cause as far as I know PCBs aren't THAT fragile, and I made sure it was covered in many layers of protection when shipped

P1nnacle

Distinguished

Well if you didn't cause that damage, and they didn't, it really only leaves you with one other group. So who did you ship with, and did you purchase insurance?

Tree Fiddy

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013

I shipped it covered in several layers of bubble wrap and foam peanuts. I had my father send it for me as I was busy at the time, I have no idea if he got insurance

P1nnacle

Distinguished
Well if you don't have any evidence to give them that you didn't cause the damage before you sent it, your best bet would be to see if you got insurance, and if you did, pursue that avenue. Otherwise you're out of luck.

TRENDING THREADS