[SOLVED] Got some questions regarding my current pc build? Please advice

Apr 21, 2021
Budget (including currency): 250k(inr)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly gaming, and throw In a bit of rendering and game design

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

I've more or less decided on a build

Parts-

Ryzen 5 5600x

Noctua nh-d15

Rog Stix B-550-F

Crucial P5

G-skill 32GB 3600Mhz(2x16)

Corsair RM750 Gold Full Modular

Fractal Design Meshify 2 compact

And finally the graphic card

Either

RTX 3070 or RTX 3080

Whichever is available in august(due to circumstances that's the only window I have to buy a pc)

I have a total of 7 fans (6 being arctic F12 120mm and the one being Included in case) and also the cpu cooler (noctua nh-d15)

My main worry is cooling and whether the card and cooler would fit in the case

TLDR:

My current build is a RTX 3080 and ryzen 5600x in a Fractal design meshify 2 compact, my cooling consists of noctua nh-d15 cpu cooler and 7 fans.

1)is this enough or do I need to look into water cooling?

2)will the cooler and card fit in the case?

3)do I need a b 2etter case or cooler or both? , if so please recommend

Solution
  1. Yes the NH-D15 is enough, a very good cooler.
  2. Yes the cooler will fit in the case, max height for a cpu cooler is 169mm in that case and the D15 is 165mm.
  3. No both are good choices.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Only thing with the Nh-D15 that i forgot to mention is that with tall ram you might have to push the outer fan a little up so it might touch the glass in the case, beware of that. It doesn't have alot of ram clearance, so the lower the better.

From Noctua,

In dual fan mode, the NH-D15 should be used with standard height RAM (up to 32mm).*

Apr 21, 2021
Only thing with the Nh-D15 that i forgot to mention is that with tall ram you might have to push the outer fan a little up so it might touch the glass in the case, beware of that. It doesn't have alot of ram clearance, so the lower the better.

From Noctua,
Yeah, I was juggling between d15 and u12s and a lot of other threads recommended to go for u12s for this specific reason, so thanks a lot again

Apr 21, 2021
The u14s is currently not available in my area, depending on its availability I'll either go for u14s or 12s thanks a lot
You could try it with just one fan, the middle one, but that kinda defeats the purpose of this cooler. These two are there too,
just to link them, not that you can buy from here.

Don't know if you can get this one?
https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product...-ii-240-563-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-acfre00046a
and how it compares in price.

Reactions: Vic 40

TRENDING THREADS