GP from 2003 on 2000

Hello

There is a Windows 2003 / XP GP option named "Prohibit use of Internet Connection Sharing on your
DNS domain network".
We need this functionality on our Windows 2000 DC / WinXP clients network.

Is it possible somehow transfer or use this setting on our WinXP clients?
Write a GP template and import it, or any other way?

Thanks,
Gera
MG Baltic

Sorry, in my previous message I mean "Internet Connection Firewall".

--
Gera

"Gera" <gera_nospam@lu.lt> wrote in message news:eOBkmLeLEHA.1032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hello
>
> There is a Windows 2003 / XP GP option named "Prohibit use of Internet Connection Sharing on your
> DNS domain network".
> We need this functionality on our Windows 2000 DC / WinXP clients network.
>
> Is it possible somehow transfer or use this setting on our WinXP clients?
> Write a GP template and import it, or any other way?
>

> Thanks,
> Gera
> MG Baltic

Hello Gera see the link below.

4649 » How do I upgrade my Group Policy for Windows XP features?
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBJ/tip4600/rh4649.htm

--
Regards
Christoffer Andersson

"Gera" <gera_nospam@lu.lt> skrev i meddelandet
> Sorry, in my previous message I mean "Internet Connection Firewall".
>
> --
> Gera
>

> "Gera" <gera_nospam@lu.lt> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > There is a Windows 2003 / XP GP option named "Prohibit use of Internet
Connection Sharing on your
> > DNS domain network".
> > We need this functionality on our Windows 2000 DC / WinXP clients
network.

> > Is it possible somehow transfer or use this setting on our WinXP
clients?
> > Write a GP template and import it, or any other way?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Gera
> > MG Baltic

Thanks.
Is it safe to make such upgrade on Domain Controller?
(AFAIK, I should not upgrade all of my DC's, because upgraded GPO will replicate)

--
Gera

"Chriss3" <noSpamHere@chrisse.se> wrote in message news:uvwPIhfLEHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hello Gera see the link below.
>
> 4649 » How do I upgrade my Group Policy for Windows XP features?
> http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBJ/tip4600/rh4649.htm
>
> --
> Regards
> Christoffer Andersson
>
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> http://www.chrisse.se - Active Directory Tips
> "Gera" <gera_nospam@lu.lt> skrev i meddelandet
> > Sorry, in my previous message I mean "Internet Connection Firewall".
> >
> > --
> > Gera
> >

> > "Gera" <gera_nospam@lu.lt> wrote in message
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > There is a Windows 2003 / XP GP option named "Prohibit use of Internet
> Connection Sharing on your
> > > DNS domain network".
> > > We need this functionality on our Windows 2000 DC / WinXP clients
> network.
> > >
> > > Is it possible somehow transfer or use this setting on our WinXP
> clients?
> > > Write a GP template and import it, or any other way?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Gera
> > > MG Baltic

TRENDING THREADS