GPMC missing Computer Settings Scripst

I have installed GPMC on my XP SP2 box and it looks great but I'm now
missing the Computer Settings Scripts (logon/logoff) entry under User
configuration. When I go to another PC that does not have the GPMC
installed, that option is visible. Also, the GPOs are working fine - it has
to be a setting or missing component, but I cannot figure out how to fix it.

I have searched the MS KB and the WWW with no success. Others seam to have
had this problem as well, but I have not found a solution. Some one
mentioned that there is a DLL that needs to be reregistered to make that
option visible, but no one head specified the name.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Have you seen this?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555218

--
Darren Mar-Elia
MS-MVP-Windows Server--Group Policy

"M$" <M$@xyz.com> wrote in message
>I have installed GPMC on my XP SP2 box and it looks great but I'm now
>missing the Computer Settings Scripts (logon/logoff) entry under User
>configuration. When I go to another PC that does not have the GPMC
>installed, that option is visible. Also, the GPOs are working fine - it has
>to be a setting or missing component, but I cannot figure out how to fix
>it.
>
> I have searched the MS KB and the WWW with no success. Others seam to have
> had this problem as well, but I have not found a solution. Some one
> mentioned that there is a DLL that needs to be reregistered to make that
> option visible, but no one head specified the name.
>
> Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. I spent over 1 hr
searching the KB and came up with nothing. I tried many different search
criteria and one of them should have returned this KB article. As usual, MS
had the information if you know exactly what and where to look.

Thanks,