GPO setting not in registry

Aaron McKenna

I have an Outlook registry change configured through a
GPO. When I use GPRESULT on a client machine, it reports
that the policy was applied but, when I look in the
registry to confirm, the setting is not there. Is that
normal?

No, that is not normal. I would make sure of the Registry path and confirm
again.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net
"Aaron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an Outlook registry change configured through a
> GPO. When I use GPRESULT on a client machine, it reports
> that the policy was applied but, when I look in the
> registry to confirm, the setting is not there. Is that
> normal?

I am also having this stress. Looks like the old admin mahually applied templates But i thought the domain policy always overwrites the local policy?

Yes, the domain policy overwrites the local. However, if they were applied
manually, they might have been in areas that the domain policy is not
configured to modify, or in an area that is "old" (not under policies),
which the domain GPO won't touch.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net